Radio cuts out

DGF

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem ? Every once in a while, the radio & media sound just cuts out & wont come back ! Completely erratic & Audi seem to think i'm nuts..... just had a one hour journey with no sound !
Expect more from a new S£ - I mean S3 or maybe I do mean S£ :)

Do you have a phone paired? If the car thought that there was an active phone call it would mute the entertainment, just an idea.

When the problem happens do you get any audio? I would try using the Sat Nav and Voice Commands and see if you get any sound from these. The Sat Nav directions seem to take priority over everything, if you don't get these either then I would say it must be a hardware problem (faulty amp / dodgy connection).

Thanks, SatNav audio works, it just seems to be radio & media. It's like the volume button freezes, you keep turning it & nothing happens, the volume indicator line in the box doesn't move ....

Does the volume control knob work when the Sat Nav directions are being read out?

Maybe next time it happens you should pull over and record a short video on your phone of the problem - at least then you could go to the dealer and have something to show them.

I had it the other day, i switched stations and the sound came back

I had it the other day, i switched stations and the sound came back
Yeah, that is what I was thinking. At the start, my wife was complaining about the DAB radio dropping signal. So I showed her how to set it to FM and put some music onto an SD card for her.

same thing has been happening to me on DAB and still does-very irritating! Any solutions as of yet?

same thing has been happening to me on DAB and still does-very irritating! Any solutions as of yet?

Until DAB coverage is improved there will always be signal drops as signal strength drops off the 'digital cliff' and just cuts out, as opposed to FM just becoming noisier before fading into oblivion.

In DAB radio settings, tick the 'Alternate Frequency' option. If the station you are listening to is also broadcast on FM, the radio will roll over to the same station on FM if it can't pick up the DAB signal. It appends '(FM)' to the station name to let you know it has rolled over to FM.

John.