Radio Codes....

twofivenine

Reaction score
Tried two audi dealers for these (one wanted £50, the other £20)...been told I should be able to obtain this for free.

Any ideas?

No they are starting to charge for this, £20 is a pretty good price

placed a bid on a replacement unit on ebay...think the unit is past its sell by date. volume was a bit iffy anyway!

if you read the radion book it says that it can be obtained free, but audi uk have written on the book that they reserve the right to ammend the book where they see necessary, so now charge have been implemented, ranging in price, it takes about 10 mins to do.

They used to obtain it for free when they ahd to fax it off, gone are those days so now it needs to be plugged into VAS and down loaded from Germany, so they normaly charge £20

how come ive had my concert out twice and had battery off and ive never had to put a code in? it just works.

Later CANBUS models don't require a code as long as the unit stays in the same car.

SteveS said:
how come ive had my concert out twice and had battery off and ive never had to put a code in? it just works.

When the Vehicle was PDi'd they never put the code in, they should enable it at pdi, this is done by putting the code in!

all radios are in transport mode when they are pdi'd it is not possible to get a new car that is not in transport mode, when this mode is deactivated the safe mode is activated, once code is put in radio works! the code is always active as andymac says can bus cars will not always trip them selves into safe mode,