Racingline

SPIKE_

Vorsprung durch Technik
Reaction score
Interested to hear if anybody has used Racingline products on their car, and if so, I assume the warranty is intact as this is approved VAG supplier? I see quite a few people on the VW side using them for this reason, but don’t here of many on the Audi side.

They have some beautifully made products as you’d expect from a VAG approved supplier, but they are also expensive!

Welcome peoples thoughts and experiences if they have used Racingline products.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I used quite a few of them when i had my Mk7 golf R, i really liked them and at the time got a great deal on the parts. Unfortunately i have not had the opportunity to use them on my Audi.

I used quite a few of them when i had my Mk7 golf R, i really liked them and at the time got a great deal on the parts. Unfortunately i have not had the opportunity to use them on my Audi.
Why haven’t you been able to use them on your Audi? Are the parts not interchangeable?

Why haven’t you been able to use them on your Audi? Are the parts not interchangeable?

They are between the Golf & the A3. But unfortunately i went from the Golf R to An A4 Diesel as i moved house and my work commute went from 16miles a day to 50miles. So I sold the parts little did i know i would back back in an A3 petrol so soon otherwise i would have definitely kept them and put them on the Audi.

@Rob2k68 hoping you pick this up, but with your experience on the Golf R and knowing your fondness for tinkering, what is your thoughts on Racingline products?

@Rob2k68 hoping you pick this up, but with your experience on the Golf R and knowing your fondness for tinkering, what is your thoughts on Racingline products?

Hi Spike , hope you are keeping well my friend?

Yes between the S3 and Golf R I’ve invested quite a bit in Racingline products . On the whole they have been excellent and engineered to a very high quality that would justify the price tag . A few exceptions along the way being a washer cap that wouldn’t fit which was sent back and a few engine pieces including oil filter housing that changed to a black / purple tinge due to the heat. Lack of instructions is also pretty poor so hopefully these issues have now been resolved. Also thought having to swap across the rubber seal from your existing oil filler cap to the new one was a bit penny pinching on what should be a premium product. Brake kits I’ve no experience of but the look pretty awesome. Brake lines were also on the R and we’re good value for money so a bit of a mixed bag overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: SPIKE_
Hi Spike , hope you are keeping well my friend?

Yes between the S3 and Golf R I’ve invested quite a bit in Racingline products . On the whole they have been excellent and engineered to a very high quality that would justify the price tag . A few exceptions along the way being a washer cap that wouldn’t fit which was sent back and a few engine pieces including oil filter housing that changed to a black / purple tinge due to the heat. Lack of instructions is also pretty poor so hopefully these issues have now been resolved. Also thought having to swap across the rubber seal from your existing oil filler cap to the new one was a bit penny pinching on what should be a premium product. Brake kits I’ve no experience of but the look pretty awesome. Brake lines were also on the R and we’re good value for money so a bit of a mixed bag overall.

Hello @Rob2k68. All good here thanks. Trust your keeping well and getting through this lockdown OK!!

Appreciate the feedback, and it makes for interesting reading. Have you shifted the R on now? I remember your flirted with an RS3 at one stage not to long ago but it didn’t work out. Did you go for the Clubsport S front brakes and Racingline brake lines on the R? If you did, what pads did you use?

Good to here from you, and keep dropping in every now and again. Cheers :salute:

Just read through your thread on VWROC @Rob2k68.....very impressive and a serious amount of tinkering! Also seen what you went with next (can’t remember if you mentioned it on here or not?). Lovely car and I’m sure you tinkering is well under way! Also gutted your sold on your collection of goodies from your R, as there is a few items that I would love to get.

Just read through your thread on VWROC @Rob2k68.....very impressive and a serious amount of tinkering! Also seen what you went with next (can’t remember if you mentioned it on here or not?). Lovely car and I’m sure you tinkering is well under way! Also gutted your sold on your collection of goodies from your R, as there is a few items that I would love to get.

Hey Spike, glad you enjoyed it and hopefully answered you above question (sorry for late reply). Yes R/L stainless hoses with clubsport S discs and pads (pads matched to the discs did feel better). Was a fairly cost effective upgrade compared to what I fitted to the S3.

AMG A35 was a good car until issues with seat leather going baggy and becoming uncomfortable so just chopped it in against a BMW M135i xdrive. Looking forward to when the tuners start releasing parts for it as have a few plans ....

Hey Spike, glad you enjoyed it and hopefully answered you above question (sorry for late reply). Yes R/L stainless hoses with clubsport S discs and pads (pads matched to the discs did feel better). Was a fairly cost effective upgrade compared to what I fitted to the S3.

AMG A35 was a good car until issues with seat leather going baggy and becoming uncomfortable so just chopped it in against a BMW M135i xdrive. Looking forward to when the tuners start releasing parts for it as have a few plans ....

Wow, can’t believe the A35 didn’t last long! Quite a few people have mentioned the poor build quality of the A class in general. Not surprised to hear about your problems. Hope your get better luck with the BMW....I have seen Motech doing upgrades to this car already, maybe worth checking them out.

Thanks for the replies and advise :icon thumright:.

I recently purchased the Racingline stud and nut conversion for the wheel nuts. No complaints about the kit, but it requires Loctite2422. They don’t supply it as part of the kit, and it’s like rocking horse sh*t. So I used their web contact form to ask where I could get it from.................................. Not too impressive.

I’ve the R600 Intake (cotton filter) Silicone Hose, Coolant Pipe, Turbo Elbow and Muffler Delete. All quality parts and there’s a bit more noise but still subtle. Doubt they are warranty approved though. I got mine from Paul at DubTech