Racingline oem+ thoughts?

garethdj

Anyone ran Racingline oem+ software? Leaning towards a stage 1 Ecu and TCU tune, leaving the door open to stage 2 further down the road.

They offer free ecu software upgrades and their TCU lasts from stock to stage 3.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Anyone ran Racingline oem+ software? Leaning towards a stage 1 Ecu and TCU tune, leaving the door open to stage 2 further down the road.

They offer free ecu software upgrades and their TCU lasts from stock to stage 3.

Whereabouts are you based and might I ask why Racingline. Though they’ve been in the VW tuning scene for a while personally, I am not a fan of their tune on Audis.

If I was you, I’d also look at the likes of Unicorn and DH Automotive (MRC reps in Scotland) both forum sponsors and highly reputable or MRC themselves down South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garethdj

Sunderland so it's a trek to visit anywhere that's a name for Audi tuning.

Locally I can go Revo at BTC performance or APR at JM imports. Neither options allow me to go stage 2 at a later date, at least at the minute for Revo.

JM will offer a custom map and those guys really know what they're doing I suppose.

Why aren't you a fan of Racingline?

The free upgrades piece and the fact their TCU software will last is a big plus for me. Means I can go stage one then not have wasted money getting another map of I go stage 2 at a later date.

wuta3

Can I get a bump on this? Considering Racingline tune (ECU+TCU) in the coming weeks

wuta3

Did some digging, not all that many reviews around. The gossip seems to be that RacingLine bought out Shark in 2018 and used that purchase to make the OEM+ tunes. The OEM+ head office also happens to be the same address as Awesome GTI in Irlam, Manchester.

P.J.

I know tabby at awesome did the racing line oem + tune on the dazza. I went revo in the end. Although unitronic look the best outputs I want to keep the car a few years and think revo are safe.

garethdj

When you say tabby did the oem+ tune on the daza, what do you mean?

I’m pretty sure RacingLine’s calibrator is a guy called Ben Wardle. He does all their tunes.

Awesome are a RacingLine dealer but pretty sure they’re a completely separate Company.

I too went Revo stage 1 with a panel filter and was very happy. It gave me the option of overrun, RacingLine don’t.

wuta3

So, I've booked in for Racingline OEM+ ECU/TCU stage 1 bundle at Awesome.

The deal is pretty good, £1,200 and you get included stage2/3 upgrades.

Finding reviews of this map is next to impossible. The Seat lot seem to like it, alot of happy Golf customers, but most of the information on forums stops at 2018/2019 from what I can tell. While it doesn't fill me with confidence, I like Racingline's hardware and they seem to be taking seriously entry into the software tuning market (given, what appears to be acquisition of Shark/Ben).

The reviews I did find are all happy customers, and it seems like a map which matches the "OEM+" marketing ... not as aggressive as others and keeps the stock feel.

As long as actual development work has been done and they're not just flashing shady bins from forums, at stage 1 and without negative reviews I don't see why not to give it a go.

There appears to be close ties between Awesome/Racingline/VBT, so hopefully support would be good in the event of any trouble.

Spencer589

I went Revo stage 2 after running their stage 1 for a while. I only wish Revo had released a TCU tune to support their stage 2 software, they told me a couple of times they were looking into it and then abandoned it. Which I think is a bit shoddy based on a TCU tune being widely regarded as a necessity for stage 2. But I'm gonna see if I can get in at MRC soon.

wuta3

I went Revo stage 2 after running their stage 1 for a while. I only wish Revo had released a TCU tune to support their stage 2 software, they told me a couple of times they were looking into it and then abandoned it. Which I think is a bit shoddy based on a TCU tune being widely regarded as a necessity for stage 2. But I'm gonna see if I can get in at MRC soon.
What made you switch to Revo? How was the Racingline maps?

Spencer589

What made you switch to Revo? How was the Racingline maps?
Sorry I wasn't that clear, I was running Revo's stage 1 map not Racingline. I went with Revo because I used them when I had Revo stage 1 on my Golf R which I was impressed with. The other thing is going from Revo stage 1 to Revo stage 2 with the RS3 I've only bettered the stage 1 0-60 once with stage 2 which i put down to the lack of a TCU tune. When launching on stage 2 without a TCU tune the gear changes aren't as crisp (basically slurring).

wuta3

Sorry I wasn't that clear, I was running Revo's stage 1 map not Racingline. I went with Revo because I used them when I had Revo stage 1 on my Golf R which I was impressed with. The other thing is going from Revo stage 1 to Revo stage 2 with the RS3 I've only bettered the stage 1 0-60 once with stage 2 which i put down to the lack of a TCU tune. When launching on stage 2 without a TCU tune the gear changes aren't as crisp (basically slurring).
OK so nothing at all to do with Racingline OEM+, got it.

P.J.

When you say tabby did the oem+ tune on the daza, what do you mean?

I’m pretty sure RacingLine’s calibrator is a guy called Ben Wardle. He does all their tunes.

Awesome are a RacingLine dealer but pretty sure they’re a completely separate Company.

I too went Revo stage 1 with a panel filter and was very happy. It gave me the option of overrun, RacingLine don’t.

Tabby at awesome did the stage 2 OEM + tune. He used Dan cups drag tr rs car which was running APR stage 2. Both said felt better than the APR. My mistake as we were talking stage 1 in this conversation.

garethdj

When I spoke to Revo about TCU they basically said it was because they know they couldn’t do better software than TVS