Racingline muffler delete kit - opinions please

randy4

Reaction score
Ok so I want to gain a little more turbo sound and power through bolt-ons. I’ve seeb this 3 piece kit from racingline.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/162588455072

Is it a good deal firstly, secondly what’s the rep on flexi intake hose over the more solid wide bore hoses available? Is it better to have a solid intake hose or can they have a poor seal and leak therefore making this flexi hose the better option?

They may look solid but are made from silicon so are indeed flexible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has to be flexible to some degree or it's in danger of shearing with engine rotational torque

Ah right maybe they’re plastic rather than metal formed. In that case silicone tubing all the way surely it will have better heat insulation over the more rigid plastic tubing

Right I’ll go for the bundle then unless it’s a rip off and there’s an alternative from another manufacturer?

You could get a turbo technics intake pipe and an APR muffler delete.

You could get a turbo technics intake pipe and an APR muffler delete.
Does the turbo technics intake include the elbow? Therefore only needing two parts between the turbo and the air filter box?

Does the turbo technics intake include the elbow? Therefore only needing two parts between the turbo and the air filter box?
Yes all in one. I'm going for the turbo technics, APR muffler delete and an APR panel filter with the home made intake mod.

Screenshot 20180517 201505

I think it works out about the same cost just preference over brand really

Reactions: Leevr
i went with this package off ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Racingline-VWR-R600-Induction-Intake-Kit-Muffler-Delete-Intake-Hose-Elbow-MQB/152621294322?fits=Car+Make:Audi|Cars+Type:S3+quattro&hash=item2388f022f2:g:eek:KQAAOSwVqlaN7Wv

makes car sound great, turns heads just from turbo noise alone :) doesnt take long to fit and adds little bit of extra bhp for sure
You are a bad influence my friend:greedy dollars:. That is very tempting as I was going to go for the r600 a little later on

Reactions: lucaslfc
I have the full R600 kit, it certainly breaths well, you can hear it “sucking” very clearly!
Acomponied with a milltek non-res valved cat back have noise coming from everywhere.

Would recommend R600

I have the full R600 kit, it certainly breaths well, you can hear it “sucking” very clearly!
Acomponied with a milltek non-res valved cat back have noise coming from everywhere.

Would recommend R600
@Nelz-S3, when you say you have the full R600 kit, what does that entail? As im looking at the R600 with a turbo technics intake pipe and APR turbo muffler delete. Already got the Milltek non resonated non valved.

Reactions: Leevr
Still considering this, what will i gain with the R600 air intake over stock or will i gain nothing prior to having a stage 1 remap?

It sounds better, whether it has made it quicker, hmmm I dunno, think it’s all in my head. Stage 1 you’ll definitely know, £1100 ish your looking to map it and the stronic though I’d say. A lot of coin.