Saloon R8 wheels on RS3 fits perfectly

Macintosh88

Reaction score
Since I bought the RS3 saloon I have been a bit hesitant about the blade design wheel. They were ok but a little flat in design and some angles looked a bit boring, not so RS...

So I checked on alternative wheels and found BBS CH-R. But unfortunately, the wheel dealer did not have any on stock and all dealer I ask says ET32 fits perfect. I think it' will stand out to much. So I started looking at the Audi OEM rims again and I saw that the R8 front wheel have 8.5x19" and ET42.

But it was not easy to find four front wheels. Would really have silver/anthracite gray but it was hard to find. But then I found silver/chrome which fits Ara blue very well I think.

As you can see, the design is very similar to RS6 design. They are forged wheel and weigh only 10 kg. The original RS3 wheel weighs approximately 12 kg. Spokes are more straight in profile and thinner than RS3 wheel. So I have good margin for caliper. about 2 centimeters.

No rubbing either front or rear wheel :tonguewink:

IMG 1033 IMG 1031 IMG 1028 IMG 1050

Reactions: THQuattro, drgav2005, Spaceman_RS3 and 4 others
Look nice. Not easy finding 4 front R8 wheels like you say.

They are the same 'twin spoke design on the RS6 and also the Q7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Macintosh88
Dare I ask how much four R8 forged alloys cost?!

Reactions: Macintosh88 and neg
The multispoke ones from the R8 v10 plus look fabulous on the RS3 as well...

audi-rs3-sema-hr-1.jpg

20s though.. :crying:

Reactions: jimojameso, Phil3, Macintosh88 and 3 others
Wow! rarely do I see non oem wheels that look good,

These do!

Reactions: Macintosh88
Thanks everyone :grinning:

Look nice. Not easy finding 4 front R8 wheels like you say.

They are the same 'twin spoke design on the RS6 and also the Q7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed it was not easy to find, but luckily I found a seller from Germany eBay.
As I wrote, it´s very similar to RS6 twinspoke, but it´s all about the detail :grin:

from the front, it looks identical but looking from sideways, you see the difference. The spokes are much thinner and you see that at the end is more straight end. While the RS6 wheel has a thicker and rounded finish. See the photo, easier than describe in text.

IMG 1087

Dare I ask how much four R8 forged alloys cost?!
I paid €14500 with shipping, I think it's ok price, they are used but in great condition. just a few minor tiny scratch on the chrome. No kurb.

The multispoke ones from the R8 v10 plus look fabulous on the RS3 as well...
20s though.. :crying:
Yeah I have seen the photo before, They also have four front wheels on it. It look really nice. maybe little to dumpy on daily drive.
More photos and article about the setup you can find here: https://audiclubna.org/tequila-sunrise-hrs-audi-exclusive-rs-3-sedan/

Thanks everyone :grinning:

Indeed it was not easy to find, but luckily I found a seller from Germany eBay.
As I wrote, it´s very similar to RS6 twinspoke, but it´s all about the detail :grin:

from the front, it looks identical but looking from sideways, you see the difference. The spokes are much thinner and you see that at the end is more straight end. While the RS6 wheel has a thicker and rounded finish. See the photo, easier than describe in text.

View attachment 152386

I paid €14500 with shipping, I think it's ok price, they are used but in great condition. just a few minor tiny scratch on the chrome. No kurb.

Yeah I have seen the photo before, They also have four front wheels on it. It look really nice. maybe little to dumpy on daily drive.
More photos and article about the setup you can find here: https://audiclubna.org/tequila-sunrise-hrs-audi-exclusive-rs-3-sedan/
Did you really mean 14500 Euros?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reactions: billymc92
Was just reading this thinking "are you mad, 14,500 euros?".

1,450 euros however is a great price!

Reactions: oli356 and Macintosh88
Was just reading this thinking "are you mad, 14,500 euros?".

1,450 euros however is a great price!

Haha Yeah a little to much money for wheels :tearsofjoy: I can't edit my comments so everyone gonna be shocked when they read the first time :laughing:

Reactions: drgav2005 and Phil3
RS6 versions only come in 21" also.

Will 8.5J 255's not fit on the rears of the 8V?

That’s all they offered me, maybe all they had in stock

That's odd as I called Ispiri in Ireland yesterday and they recommended 37mm for the FL and said that they had a batch of wheels made specifically for the RS3 in that offset. To be fair, I was asking about the FFR1 rather than the FFR1D. I'm not keen on changing the front track width by 32mm without knowing the effect on tyre rubbing & handling so I held off ordering.

I have ET37s on the PFL and its fine on the back but very close on the front if you run a tyre with a bigger shoulder like the MP4S. I'm on H&R's :)

Just a heads up for you boys ET42 with 5mm spacers (ET37) does not fit on a 2018 sportback but does fit on 2017 model so something has changed.

This was confirmed by Ispiri and rimstyle where I ordered from.

741E23A9 9CBA 4D3A 9CF2 4C5603428292
C6AD0506 5E16 4A0B B323 0C0021400B64

Reactions: jimojameso
Ouch...
Theoretically, ET37 should not be a problem but all wheel design/spokes are designed differently... are surprised they did not see it when mounted on. I mean... It's not a little scratched... it's huge

Reactions: T-800
The difference between the FFR1 and FFR1D is quite noticable when you look at them from an angle

Jante alu ispiri ffr1 sil 02

Look at how the centre on the FFR1D is that little bit wider and the rear of the spokes have a thicker section as they come out from the middle
Jante alu ispiri ffr1d gme 02

Reactions: billymc92