R8 Plus or Performance?

D0C

Reaction score
Hi all,

I see it is quiet on the R8 boards but thought I’d still ask…

Which R8 should I go for. The pre facelift Plus, or facelift Performance? To my eyes, the facelift is a bit better looking but there’s not much in it and looks are subjective. It also has 10hp more but again, I’m sure you wouldn’t be able to tell. However, it’s more expensive and I’m told doesn’t sound quite as good as the Plus.

I would appreciate people’s thoughts and thanks in advance.

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra
Oy oy what's all this then?!

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra
Oy oy what's all this then?!

TX.

Hi Terminator! A very long time, no speak.
Currently looking for an R8. I sold my TTRS and got into a 991.2 turbo s which I sold in September… not for me. A bit boring if I’m brutally honest and the engine didn’t sound great. I bought a 67 plate S4 Avant as a stop gap and must say it’s brilliant… sounds fantastic. But the time has come to scratch the V10 itch.
I’m concerned the facelift Performance version with OPF will have had the sound dulled somewhat, which is what I’ve read, albeit it still sounds fantastic. The pre facelift is more lairy sounding. But I do prefer the looks of the facelift.
I’d love to hear some opinions from those with more experience of R8’s than me.

Reactions: NevMan and Terminator x
M5c in 2019, M2c in 2020 and now a M3cs!

Not out of love with Audi, just not a lot of their new metal that suits these days.

TX.

Hi Doc, might have something of interest for you if you haven’t found one yet. Drop me a message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk