R44 Performance Carbon Parts

billymc92

Kyalami Green Vorsprung- Sportback
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My car is going to be going down to R44 performance in London after the new year to get 3D scanned to start production of a carbon kit and all the relevant and most wanted parts, including wheels so on so on.

A lot of you may not have heard of them as this company has just started to branch out to Audi as they have seen how popular these cars are becoming. They are absolutely huge in the BMW scene and they are the best at what they do and top quality carbon and materials are always used, I’ve witnessed this stuff myself first hand.

So I’m here to ask is there anything use would specifically like to see be made and I can bring it to their attention?

They have said about making the basics. Splitter, sideskirts, diffuser and spoilers. And also said they where designing some wheels which sound very interesting also.

I’m going to also mention the likes of carbon mirrors, engine bay parts such as the engine covers which we won’t get unless we have the carbon black model. Also maybe we can get something to brighten up our dull interiors such as dash parts. I know the carbon seat backs have been very popular in the past.

Use will get to see all these parts fitted to my car to give use a idea of how it looks and most importantly, the fitment and quality of them.

if use have any questions or ideas, please let me know here and I’ll pass it onto Rhys the owner of R44 or use can directly message them on Instagram.

Website - https://r44performance.com/

Instagram - https://instagram.com/r44performance?utm_medium=copy_link

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/r44performance/

Reactions: 5pot, Jcbmally, RS03??? and 3 others
Carbon seat backs sound nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: billymc92 and Daggerit
Carbon for around the gear shifter to replace the piano black would be awesome. It would have to match the matte carbon on the dash though otherwise it would look ridiculous.

Also, I haven’t checked, but instructions to install any bits would be much appreciated so we don’t have to dig through forums and part diagrams to figure out how to disassemble stuff.

Reactions: Waq1, RS03???, Mike.46 and 2 others
Also find out how the vents are removed!!! I’ve just ordered my Tango Red set

Reactions: billymc92
Carbon for around the gear shifter to replace the piano black would be awesome. It would have to match the matte carbon on the dash though otherwise it would look ridiculous.

Also, I haven’t checked, but instructions to install any bits would be much appreciated so we don’t have to dig through forums and part diagrams to figure out how to disassemble stuff.

Great idea with the instructions, I’m sure they will be able to do that or look into it. If not, that’s something I can help with. If it takes a couple months to make the parts I’d presume they would get sent to me and I’d be fitting myself.

Reactions: Daggerit

Me too for around the gear selector.

Reactions: kormilo1950, RS03???, Daggerit and 1 other person
The only thing that would put me off is if I have to disassemble half the car to fit it. If it’s just a few bits of trim around the centre console bit I’m happy enough, but if it takes 8 hours to install then I’m out.

Reactions: NevMan, billymc92 and Detail Devil
The only thing that would put me off is if I have to disassemble half the car to fit it. If it’s just a few bits of trim around the centre console bit I’m happy enough, but if it takes 8 hours to install then I’m out.

You’ll be fine lol, removed many of trims round the gear selector in other vehicles and usually takes no more than 15 minutes.

But don’t worry, I’ll be the Guinea pig :pigface:

Reactions: NevMan, Detail Devil and Daggerit
You’ll be fine lol, removed many of trims round the gear selector in other vehicles and usually takes no more than 15 minutes.

But don’t worry, I’ll be the Guinea pig :pigface:

Dash vents….the unit above the glove compartment looks challenging. Only know of me and you looking to mod these (so far) so be good to get an idea of the removal process

I’ll echo others in here. Some matching matte carbon to go inside the cabin which matches the carbon on the dash. Ideally i wouldn't want gloss carbon as it wont match the dash and would look out of place.

Reactions: ZB1, billymc92 and Detail Devil
The black glossy plastic around the gear "stick" is very nasty looking. I will be looking for some kind of skin to cover mine.

The black glossy plastic around the gear "stick" is very nasty looking. I will be looking for some kind of skin to cover mine.

Could be wrapped? Or PPF applied which will protect it

Reactions: Daggerit
Replica carbon edition spoiler

So tomorrow is the day, my car will be traveling down to R44 performance to start the scanning and making of the carbon kit! Can’t wait

Reactions: FBF01, kayemill, Terminator x and 2 others
So tomorrow is the day, my car will be traveling down to R44 performance to start the scanning and making of the carbon kit! Can’t wait
More aggressive Diffuser for SB and Saloon.

Id be interested in a quality rear diffuser like, more aggressive looking.

And it’s off ‍️‍:sunglasses:

52F85DFA 1042 4D9E 81DB D747C44D8198
2D551156 D167 4578 9B1C FAE2DF645A60

Reactions: NevMan, kayemill, Daggerit and 1 other person
Hope he's got an anti snake device on his trailer 'A' frame :openmouth:

Reactions: HulkRS3
The HGV driver in me winced at that too.
Years back now, I was towing a 911 race car with my Vauxhall Senator to Brands (with double anti snake device) a chap shot past me in a Merc G wagon with flatbed and a Ferrari 308, kind of looked down his nose at me tbh, 20 minutes later all the traffic is backed up, his G wagon is on its side, glass everywhere, the flatbed has made a perfect little bridge over the ditch off the Motorway and the Ferrari had come off trailer, smashed through a 5 bar wooden fence and was sat about 50 metres into a field :) :)

• Wow
Reactions: NevMan
Some photos from the 3D scanning at R44 Performance

fb40064dee4e504a2eb5c4c13206937c.jpg

03dc17d85a29009ef96ba0840c336674.jpg

70137ac6e29a364efdf014cc28b15d26.jpg

632163bc036895d5e644f249cc9c7288.jpg

4182e42d1b9d0af51adc4a0fe38a28ff.jpg

c94aea0fe267d9dbfc5e04b57f289bc8.jpg

• Love
Reactions: kormilo1950, Detail Devil, 5pot and 3 others

I’d be livid if i found out this tool-bag had been doing a video on my car. Sounds mental though and the ideas they’ve got for doing trim etc look very good!

Reactions: Mike.46, jimbo255, NevMan and 1 other person

Springs and spacers supplied and fitted by R44 performance, not only do they have there own carbon fibre body kits but that can do a full make over with pretty much anything!

Titanium exhaust in the making as well as steering wheel retrims, can also supply and fit any other parts you request, as they have just done with me with a Eventuri 4” turbo elbow and their full carbon stage 3 intake.

Reactions: M7 and Daggerit

Springs and spacers supplied and fitted by R44 performance, not only do they have there own carbon fibre body kits but that can do a full make over with pretty much anything!

Titanium exhaust in the making as well as steering wheel retrims, can also supply and fit any other parts you request, as they have just done with me with a Eventuri 4” turbo elbow and their full carbon stage 3 intake.

I think that the spacer and spring combo is really good here. More aggression without being slammed or the wheels sticking out too much so imagine it'll be my setup of choice.

My friend has a few spacers from his 8V S3 he sold so might see if any fit and go from there to save some cash for other mods. :)

I have a set of 12mm Bimecc spacers already from my 8V S3. I’m hoping that they should be a direct fit. Is the new 8Y still 5x112?