R32 front brake upgrade 8l

NIGE28

Reaction score
Anyone else on here running the 334mm r32 front brakes on their 8l ? They do work on mine but there is a lot of travel before they really bite. I know bleeding it again might help but wonder if there's something else I might have missed

Big brake thread in the FAQ's worth reading... nobody seems to bother with R32 setup as its big and heavy with expensive rotors so most go Brembo or something a little more worth the expense of pricey discs...

Try bleeding the master cylinder

<tuffty/>

Big brake thread in the FAQ's worth reading... nobody seems to bother with R32 setup as its big and heavy with expensive rotors so most go Brembo or something a little more worth the expense of pricey discs...

Try bleeding the master cylinder

<tuffty/>

That's what I have been reading but they came on the car so figure I will get the most out them. Will try bleeding the system thinking some braided lines aswell maybe

OE are already braided... I don't think the R32 master cylinder is any different to the S3 one so pedal travel should be the same... S3 pedal feel isn't the best in the world to be fair but a decent set of pads would help

<tuffty/>

Did not know they were braided already good news reckon I will try another set of pads and a good bleed. Recommend any good pads ?

Also read your build thread mate epic !

Had r32 brakes on my old s3. Pedal was always terrible.
Though the last bleed they had was miles better than any previous. I think they are just a noghtmare to bleed for somereason. I wouldnt waste anymore time on them.
Get brembos

How much they worth to sell ? Was going to get rid when they had served there purpose

Did not know they were braided already good news reckon I will try another set of pads and a good bleed. Recommend any good pads ?

I use DS 1.11's myself... awesome pad if you can get them for the R32 calipers... there are a few pad related discussions on here as its a fairly common topic so have a quick search while you wait for the pad aficionados to comment...

Also read your build thread mate epic !

Thanks dude :)

<tuffty/>

Will have a look, rather try some pads and a re bleed rather then a whole new brake setup lol

I wouldnt but each to their own.
Pads wont help pedal travel

I can honestly say. No thank god i dont. Terrible cars

Perhaps just get the most out of them and then change to something else

I was looking to put R32/TT 3.2 front calipers on ours... Maybe not now

You would think being 334mm they would be good don't get me wrong they do stop the car but they don't feel like there going to if that makes sense lol there's no confidence in them

Not the size of the disc thats the issue... calipers are just too so so for decent use...

<tuffty/>

Im going to be brutally honest in the hope this sinks in.
They are always going to suck.
Terrible set up why do you think its ao rare on here as an upgrade. I thought i knew better. Bought pads discs fluid lines etc etc. And they were still only slightly better than oem. Get lcr brembos
Cheap as chips and work well

Well when there worn out will be changing to lcr Brembos, I use to have an lcr so I know how good they were

Honestly you are chasing your tail with the r32 stuff
You have half the choice of pads and discs at more expense.

Thanks to this post I've avoided purchasing some R32 stuff
I've just won Leon cupra r brembos with disc, pads, braided hoses for £300

See
Very reasonable.
And as a bonus they actually work.

Reactions: Slammedorion
I was looking at that set lol

Reactions: Slammedorion
Snooze you lose
Said make sensible offer... and accepted the 2nd offer
Bargain them with a little tlc