R32 brakes on A3TQ/S3?

olekvi

Reaction score
Have anyone fitted R32 brakes on their A3TQ or S3?

Havent fitted them but if you want to know whether they fit or not they certainly do.

you just need to make sure you get the caliper carriers too.

Although for the money ive seen 2nd hand ones beign sold for, i still think the Brembo GT kit is a better solution.

Mark

Should be fine Ole, when i used to take my R32 wheels off and clean the calipers, you can see the VW and audi sign printed on them.

Good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
Havent fitted them but if you want to know whether they fit or not they certainly do.

you just need to make sure you get the caliper carriers too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know they fit, but I'm wondering how they work :)

You can buy new R32 calipers, rotors and pads for ~$1000 -- I haven't seen Brembo GT-s at that price, anoyone have?

regards

[ QUOTE ]
I have them on and they are fantastic!

[/ QUOTE ]

Both front and rear?

The rears are exactly the same as the S3 anyway, 256mm vented.

[ QUOTE ]
The rears are exactly the same as the S3 anyway, 256mm vented.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh; not the same as A3 TQ though.

For some reason I have it in my head that the R32 rears have twin pot calipers. Do work for Continental Teves, fixtures, machines etc and have seen the calipers there. Maybe I'm mistaken though. Where can I get a tidy price on R32 front discs ?
Got GT3 calipers to fit and have seen someone use R32 discs with these on a Czech site.

Chris.

Its the front calipers that have twin pots, rears are exactly the same as A3 1.8T, Golf Gti T, TT etc etc .. thats the calipers not the disks or carriers...

[ QUOTE ]
Its the front calipers that have twin pots, rears are exactly the same as A3 1.8T, Golf Gti T, TT etc etc .. thats the calipers not the disks or carriers...

[/ QUOTE ]

So disks and carriers from R32 and stock calipers should do the job then?