R19 space saver?

HoggyZac

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the site so please forgive me if I posted in wrong place.

Just traded my s5 in for an s3 facelift on a 67 plate. Love the car ! But ...

So searched threads and can find info for RS3 but am really confused. Had a really bad experience with the sealant on a puncture with a TTS years ago so as my s3 has no space saver would like to try to get one but....
1. Read threads saying r19 spacesaver is not available so go for r18. Is this true? If so what r18 would fit - part number? Could it be a space saver from the pre face lift a3 ? How much should I be paying ?

2. I have seen r19 available for s5 but I presume offsets etc would be different-so cannot use.

3. Read some stuff on rs3 that calipers are problem to space savers- does this apply to s3?

Thanks for all your help- sorry for so many questions !

Have 19’s on my facelift S3 @HoggyZac, and have a space saver in the boot - will confirm that the space saver is 19” this evening for you (can’t see why it would be a different diameter)

Hi
Have 19’s on my facelift S3 @HoggyZac, and have a space saver in the boot - will confirm that the space saver is 19” this evening for you (can’t see why it would be a different diameter)

Hi Jimbob

That’s really helpful. If I know there’s an r19 and I know the part number I can chase one down.

Thanks for this been going around this issue for about a week now.

Allbest

RS3 has no space saver just a can of gunge. Afaik the battery is in the boot so no room for a tyre too. I had B&O on mine and the amp was located in place where spare is normally.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HoggyZac
RS3 has no space saver just a can of gunge. Afaik the battery is in the boot so no room for a tyre too. I had B&O on mine and the amp was located in place where spare is normally.

TX.

Have B&O and a space saver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No sorry, S3. OP has an S3 I’m sure?

Ah ok no worries, yes he has S3 although did mention RS3 in original post. Weird though that they relocate the battery to boot in the RS and not the S!

TX.

Ah ok no worries, yes he has S3 although did mention RS3 in original post. Weird though that they relocate the battery to boot in the RS and not the S!

TX.

Yeah it’s strange, can’t imagine the 2.5 is that much bigger dimensionally than the 2.0 that there’s no space for it. Probably more to do with weight distribution?

The S3 space saver spare wheel is actually 18” @HoggyZac ...
2CDF5BD1 DC2F 48DE 9CCC 5EDA1D5989FE

Surely a 67 plate S3 originally came with a space saver from new?
Is there any reason why this would not be the case?
Dealer should put this right.

The S3 space saver spare wheel is actually 18” @HoggyZac ...View attachment 159083
Hi Jim Bob

Thanks for looking at that. I had heard they put R18 on 19 inch full size. What would be really helpful is if you could let me know the part number. Then I could get one ordered for mine.

Have you every tried in on the car? Heard some stories that they would go on the back but not the front.

I am still curious as to why your S3 does not have a space saver?
It's a standard feature with the car. Being a maximum of 10 months old and you have bought from a dealer, they should be supplying the space saver if for whatever reason it is not present in the car.

Thanks for looking at that. I had heard they put R18 on 19 inch full size. What would be really helpful is if you could let me know the part number. Then I could get one order
Have you every tried in on the car? Heard some stories that they would go on the back but not the front.
I am still curious as to why your S3 does not have a space saver?
It's a standard feature on the car. Being a maximum of 10 months old and you have

Hi

It’s a cabriolet so no space for one. Should have mentioned this. There is no tyre Well in the boot .

Cheers - tried localaudi dealer worse than useless. Wheels usedto have a part number stamped on back- it use to be that not every r18 was the same as holes(offsets)were in different places.