r-tech stage 2 problems

s3coop

Reaction score
I went to r-tech the other day to get my s3 8l mapped. they were sound guys and explained I couldnt get the full potential from my car as I dont have the right mods, fmic too small, no induction kit and a few little things only making 265bhp to keep it within safe limits. my question is they told me it was stage 2 still and I was charged for stage 2 but I dont think any of the sensors were deleted, im talking about the valve on top of the rocker cover that I have removed from all the messy hoses and its just sitting on my rocker cover, the rear lamba sensor and the evap sensor. do I have to leave them connected and tuck them away because I have unplugged them and I get a fault code for it, I delete the code and it comes right back until I connect it back up. i called them today and they said they would call me back but they didnt, probably too busy. can anyone help please, thanks.

Reactions: Mav190sline
N249 valve needs to remain plugged in electrically as does the EVAP etc...

You also need to leave the rear lambda plugged in...

Failing to do so will effect the ecu's ability to make fuelling adjustments

Stage 2 doesn't delete sensors like this as they still need to be connected (or resistored properly), most custom maps at this level codes out fault codes relating to effectiveness of the job they do rather than the physical presence... the ECU's code still expects to see something attached

<tuffty/>

ok thanks for the fast reply. can the o2 sensor be taken out of the cat section (still plugged in) and tucked away and be blanked up then.

its just with the de cat I have fitted the o2 sensor is pushed right upto the heat shield and the wires may break eventually. thanks for the reply though tuffty, big help. nice one.

its just with the de cat I have fitted the o2 sensor is pushed right upto the heat shield and the wires may break eventually. thanks for the reply though tuffty, big help. nice one.

You can buy an angled adaptor from eBay which might help you with the wires rubbing on the heat shield.

I have completely blocked off the evap system but left the electrical connecter plugged in, but keep getting an error code 16825 evap system incorrect flow. anybody know why im getting this?
thanks.

oh and thanks george_seamons but I allready ordered it before I got your message.

I have completely blocked off the evap system but left the electrical connecter plugged in, but keep getting an error code 16825 evap system incorrect flow. anybody know why im getting this?
thanks.

Because evap is not coded out in the map

<tuffty/>

If its throwing an incorrect flow code then its not...

I assume you have cleared the code and its returned?

<tuffty/>

yeah I keep clearing the fault but it comes straight back. ok I will just plumb it all back up, just cleared up the bay abit thats all. thanks for the replies.
nice one.