R Tech Remap Review

Imola-S3

Reaction score
Hi....

Been to R Tech today to get both my Dad's and my own 8L S3's remapped.

Here's the results:

Dads S3 AMK
Mods: Badger 5 TIP + PiperCross Panel Filter
It'd already been remapped in the past... but the map was all over. Too much boost, not enough fuelling, spiking and dangerous according to Nick. Smoke and pressure tested - All OK (although did need some pipes removing and blanking off).

The car achieved 231bhp on the existing remap.
After Nick had remapped it he'd got 257bhp.

The car has been transformed, it pulls better through all the gears and no longer has hesitation issues.

My S3 APY
Mods: Badger 5 TIP, S2000 Air Filter, Forge 007p DV, 3" Downpipe + Sports CAT.
This one got remapped earlier this year at Custom Tuning in Bradford. Ever since being mapped it had serious hesitation issues, especially in 6th gear between 2200 and 3000rpm. It didn't boost very well and barely felt any better than the standard map. Health checked and everything was OK, no leaks at all.

The car achieved 237bhp on the existing remap (6bhp less than Custom Tuning had recorded on their RR).
After Nick had remapped it he'd got it up to 248bhp.

The reason being that he believes my Turbo's actuator is worn and it's not keeping boost as well as it should be. He's advised I get an aftermarket actuator and then go back to see him and get it re-tuned again once it's holding boost properly. He reckoned with a proper functioning turbo he could hit between 270 and 280bhp.

But, with that said.... I think the car is running MASSIVELY better even though the peak power had only gone up by 11bhp. Comparing the graphs the engine is now producing up to 40bhp more in the lower rev ranges so it's pulling like a train compared to how it was before... so although it's not the 270bhp I was hoping for, it's still massively better than I had gotten used to. I'm eager to see what 270bhp+ feels like so I'm going to get this actuator replaced and will go back there for a retune.

Overall... very happy . Would highly recommend to anyone. Great advice and these lads actually care about what they do.