R- TECH performance

TommyH88

Reaction score
Anyone on here used r tech for mapping? My local Revo are annoying me now with customer service so going to move over to a different company for mapping and came across r tech. Any advice would be appreciated

There's some great things said about R-Tech ,raving reviews ,and usually a waiting list of over a month to get a custom mapping. he does work wonders with the tfsi and will advise you if you are wanting stage 2 /2+ what mods are needed first . always gives the cars a full health check and wont map a car without any problems found been corrected first .
doubt you will find any negative comments about them. nephew had his seat leon cupra 11plate mapped stage 2+ with mods , forgot torque figures but come home with 364 bhp afterwards.

They certainly know their stuff

Echo what above says Niki knows his stuff and does get superb results

So moving from revo is a good idea?

Reactions: LEE69
Had my 1.9tdi mapped by them, smooth power delivery from 1700 to redline!

Heard great things about R tech.
I've booked them for stg2+ map and there was a 5 week wait and there a hell of a lot cheaper then dealer maps !

Cannot wait :)

Thing is revo 2 - 2+ is £60. So do I get revo 2+ and see if it's much better than 2. Or get whole new map from r tech

Thing is revo 2 - 2+ is £60. So do I get revo 2+ and see if it's much better than 2. Or get whole new map from r tech
Revo 2+ map is ok but you can get more power from a custom map.

We had our Golf Mk iv 1.8T mapped there at 72000 miles. Now at 105000 with no issues at all!

I used R-Tech close to a year ago. Did a fair bit of research and they came recommended and didn't cost the earth and were convenient.
No issues with the map. Like others I would recommend.

Hmmm is a tough one. As costs me £60 to go up to revo 2+, and £350 for r tech 2+ map.

I'll be going there for my stage 2+ map when the time come's....

May be an extremely good mapping company but I would stick with revo for the shear amount of saving you will make! Just my opinion though, R-tech may be a better map

Hmmm is a tough one. As costs me £60 to go up to revo 2+, and £350 for r tech 2+ map.

Can't be too tough, can it? Price differential is probably as small as you could have realistically expected when you 'annoyed enough' to write the original post and were 'going to move over to a different company for mapping'. And you couldn’t have received more positive feedback on R-tech.
It only becomes tough if you are not annoyed enough to move over to a different company!

Reactions: LEE69
Think I'm worried purely because of cost. And 3 hours from me and revo is 10mins down road. And realistically how much different with revo 2+ be compared to r tech 2+? I have no doubt that r tech will be the better map. Is a hard one.

Is Revo's annoyance worth £240 though ? + like you say R Tech are a lot further away so when you factor in your time and fuel it's even more...... what have Revo done to upset annoy you so much ?

It's not necessarily revo, it's my local revo dealer, just seems interested in charging thru the earth cos I want the car done on dyno so he can try various settings to get the best result. And the mods I have aren't what he recommends so just seems grumpy and arrogant all the time.

How does't he do it otherwise? Road map it?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Loads the map on. Data logs on road then gives car back.

But obviously on road u can't test as well as a dyno because of speed limits etc

But obviously on road u can't test as well as a dyno because of speed limits etc
Depends how big his balls are lol

Reactions: Matt268uk
Lol. He just bangs on the settings he has used on other cars and that's it. No testing other variables to get the most from it.

Sod that!!!! Spend your money and go r tech

Reactions: Mujnu
This is my thoughts. But how much better realistically is it going to be over revo day to day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to find someone who had both maps tfsi tuning page on Facebook might be of help

Sent from a phone via magic

Regardless of the guys attitude and **** testing. I would probably stay their allowing your happy with the previous map that's on the car.

But how much better realistically is it going to be over revo day to day?

As Lee has said, finding someone who has had both will be your best source of information.

One thing worth noting from doing a lot of research on here and I mean hours of sieving through threads, is that Revo stage 2+ gains are the smallest across the board. Dyno's are obviously a bit of a lottery, however several S3 owners have reported only seeing 330bhp at best from Revo's stage 2+ software with all the required hardware, which is poor considering they charge premium prices. APR stage 2+ customers are all within the 370bhp region which is what you should be getting at this stage, the main reason Revo's software is inferior nowadays is because they haven't updated their maps for years whereas APR have (V3.4). Custom maps with a reputable tuner are still the best way to go though as you get the most out of your car, so even though R-Tech is a bit of a drive and more expensive, you will get better gains.

I'm currently Revo stage 1 with a Revo CAI (Camcoated), not so fussed about the figures at this stage as it's more about the drive-ability which has been improved due to the increased torque. However, after reading comments from several disappointed Revo stage 2+ owners, this has definitely turned me off using them again in future. Even though it is my cheapest option and budget is a huge limitation for me, I will now be using Storm Developments (S3Alex recommended) instead for custom mapping. I'm really happy with the Revo CAI as it's a great piece of kit but I'm kind of regretting paying £600 now for a Revo stage 1 remap when I could've just gone to Storm Devs for £250 instead, no doubt they offer discount for continuing to use them when progressing through stages as well.

Last edited:
Really interested in this, but they only have a 2WD rolling road... How can it be good to map a quattro on that??

Yeah Iv heard good thinks about apr. Mate has a TTS running Apr 2+ and that made 364bhp and 401ft lb. on the same dyno my stage 2 s3 made 353bhp and 297ft lb

Really interested in this, but they only have a 2WD rolling road... How can it be good to map a quattro on that??

Having a 4WD RR is obviously ideal to get the most accurate readings but if only a 2WD RR is available, then they'll pull out the S3's Haldex Controller so it goes into FWD mode.

my stage 2 s3 made 353bhp and 297ft lb

I'd be a bit wary of those results (as everyone should be with Dyno's) as a stage 2 S3 won't make much more than 330bhp. What hardware were you running at the time?

Last edited:
Yeah I dunno how it made that. Then mates Apr went on next and only made like 10bhp more but with shed loads more torque

R-tech did mine. can't recommend highly enough. You get the RR proof too. I'm very weary of revo - heard so many horror stories (I realise some are just franchises) but a lot of them are just cut-n-paste maps tested out on the road

Yeah I no what u mean, I'm gonna have the revo 2+ map put on as only £60 and if it doesn't seem much different from my stage 2 atm then I'll be moving over to a custom map elsewhere

We're are you based have you had a look at unicorn motor developments.

Rick ain't going to be able to compete with 60 quid !

It's only £60 cos I initially paid the full price when went stage 1. Based in Norwich

He is on about buying a new map he has got a dealer somwhere in the midlands now so still could be worth it.