Quickest Way to clean alloys?

Hi guys, I wouldnt use Wonder Wheels I did in the past and it has acid in it which made the calipers on my car rust!

Meguiars do a product called Hot Rims, This is an Alkaline product so its safe on the wheels use that and then some Meguiars Tyre Gel and jobs a good un!!

Alternativly I also sell MUC OFF wheel cleaner, again this is an alkaline, but with the Muc Off product you can buy it as "The Ultimate Wheel Cleaning Kit" which gives you a load of brushes as well as Silca Tyre Gel which you can also use safely on your alloys to really make em shine.

If you dont want either of those, just check that what your using doesnt have acid in it as it could work out costing you a lot more in the long run!!

Cheers

John

If you put something on the wheels to start with then normal car shampoo works fine.

I put Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection on them. Every so often I take the wheels off and when I clean the insides I left the EGP on and don't buff it off. On the outside it seems to act like a not stick barrier.

If I want to clean then really quickly I just get an old towel and wipe them clean as it comes off that easy.

The Silica Wheel Protectant and Tyre Dressing that either comes with the Ultimate Wheel Cleaning Pack or by itself does a similar sort of thing.....

But if it works, dont fix it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers

John

Cheers,

What I meant was, I went to the High Wycombe meet last week and wanted to spruce up the alloys quickly as they had brake dust and such like on it. I just wanted to know what the best way was to clean the alloys in a couple of mins.

I use Wonder Wheels at the moment and then gloss over the alloys with a film of Wet'n'Black. Doing this makes it easier to clean on the next round.

Muc Off sounds interesting so I may have to try that as I have run out of wonder wheels.

Cheers

Well mate, if your wheels are already cleanish (and car - no kitty prints on the bonnet please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) then easy.

What I do is spray the wheel with a bit of swissol wheel cleaner and wipe clean and dry with a micro fibre cloth then buff with a clean dry towel. 5 mins job done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Get GreenStuff pads (no yucky black stuff) and then just wipe with a soapy sponge and rinse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cor, you and your Swissol (/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Still I may have to heed and investigate to see what is better for the Avus' Muc Off or Swissol as I know how WW goes. : idea:

Enough of the kitty prints /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif, the little bstards are having a party on there every night and in the early morning move on to the roof to finish off their illegal rave.

Sorry, forgot to say does the GreenStuff Pads stem the flow of the brake dust or do you get green yucky stuff instead of black yucky stuff?

You don't get anything, just a bit of road dust!!!!!!! The pads aren't green /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You don't get anything stuck to your wheels - it really does just soap off, or even rinse off...

Tell you what mate - if you want to try the Swissol stuff before you buy any then let me know and you can pop over for a real clean.