Quick question:

rhys084

Reaction score
Why is it that for winter conditions, the allroad, or any tiptronic car for that matter doesn't have the ability to manually select to pull off in second gear or have a winter button to select such a setting?

I know it's got Quattro, but still starting in second is still advantageous on snow, etc.

Only the design engineers would be able to answer that question, don't think you will find the answer here, the same could be asked about diff locks, and low range selection etc.

Only the design engineers would be able to answer that question, don't think you will find the answer here, the same could be asked about diff locks, and low range selection etc.

Yeah i guess but low range function & diff locks are true off road issues, but selecting 2nd to get moving on a slightly slippery surface is far more fundamental in my mind.

The manual C5 allroad has low range as an option though, and a torsen diff in the centre, plus if you press the ESP button the stability turns off and then becomes simply an electronic diff lock function! It works very well.