Quick pic of new wheels

col6821

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought I'd post a quick pic of the new wheels fitted to our A3, seeing as how the car was never going to be modified but all the great cars on here inspired me...

Wheels are OEM Ronals with a 54ET purchased off e-bay and powder coated in gloss black. Anyone know what tyre pressures to run (225/40/18 - 3.2 Quattro), the fuel cap only lists 17" sizes?

69881d7b.jpg

Cheers

Col

36 to 38psi??

Mate, get out there and get that big load of bird doo off your bonnet, perfect circle too, lol.

wheels look good, did you get them powder coated? if yep how much??

wheels look good, did you get them powder coated? if yep how much??

Got them done at Rugby Powder Coating, £25 per wheel, including shot blasting but they don't refurb so I repared the kerb damage myself as it wasn't too bad.

im still after luganos for my s3, im gonna sell my sepang facelift s3 wheels

Yeah tbh wheels black, grill silver, it just doesnt work atm tbh, too contrasting, add some tints to ur headlights aswell as grill mod then will look allot better.

it looks good although cant help but think the wheels would have looked better in gun metal grey or similar with a decent flake.... just personal opinion though, and it doesnt take anything away from what you have done ;)

Thanks for the comments all, I did thing about gun metal, but the powder coaters want another £13.50 per wheel to apply the clearcoat, and I had a budget to stick to (well, that's what I told the missus).
Black grill surround is next, I'm going to vinyl wrap the surround but leave the grill it's original colour to see if I like it, then I may take the plunge and buy a black grill..

If the wrapping goes well I may wrap the mirror covers too...

Side photo after today's wash session
blackwheelsside1.jpg

Cheers

Col

are the grills on these different colours? (behind the plate) - washed my red S3 for the first time today and noticed its a light grey colour which ive not encounted before....slightly lighter than yours in the pics? so if you go for the black grill does the whole centre part come too?

The number plate panel and the grill are the same grey colour on my 2004 Sportback, don't know about the black grills, I presume that all the parts come in black.

Cheers follks.

Paul_r, I have a set of them which I was planning on keeping. PM me if you want to twist my arm into selling them. :)

Col

good work col as said black grill looks so good on a red car thats why i did mine in black do your wing mirrors too and also another good touch is i did my front and rear audi rings in black, the front one gets a bit lost against the black grill but the rear one looks gooood , oh and get them centre caps done in black too looks so much better then

Cheers Fran,

I was going to have a go at wrapping the mirror covers when I've worked out how to remove them (ther's bound to be a thread on here somewhere). Did you spray youur's or paint them?

Col

Cheers Fran,

I was going to have a go at wrapping the mirror covers when I've worked out how to remove them (ther's bound to be a thread on here somewhere). Did you spray youur's or paint them?

Col
i sprayed them after braking BOTH wing mirror glasses DOH DOH lol i just did them in satin black with clear lacquer on the top they came out quite good to be fair considering i did them as a quick job before a car show lol soon tho they are going to be carbon fibre as im looking into doing a bit myself thats the real stuff too not vinyl lol