Quick one

@KrisKrk I think the picture of the A6 you have posted has a Cupra R splitter on the front. Do you know what side skirts he has fitted?

I think it is one of those stick on universal rubber things. It curves in nicely in the centre of he’s bumper. Cupra splitter wouldn’t do that as it’s flat.

Side skirts are nice. Don’t know where did he got them from.
I looked at few on eBay.
Dedicated to A6 found in two sizes 185 and 195 cm length. Will measure my sills and wait for a respond from a guy who has them skirts for A4’s also. If those could fit, will het those, as they also cheaper.

Will update later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished rear axle callipers.

0a42ca9ce52c58da3cc479f9a81fc587.jpg

Nearly 5 meters of pride and joy

62f78415860ac36943dba6dd166b8cb2.jpg

2032072b620f839ac733a36ce341dbc2.jpg

2ea0329ad593dd6fb402c5205edb528b.jpg

1f712c8f4b65f13ac92fcf7b96764e89.jpg

Will drop some more pictures of the whole car once sun comes back up.

Glad I just ordered new tyres as before started the paint job, noticed this

4b9155ca40e2bd2ef57d62029d722be4.jpg

and that someone pinched my 2 valve caps from left side. Only left with 2 and meant to put them on new wheels
Why 2 only? Someone on Audi bike/bicycle?

Need do get some new ones

I think it is one of those stick on universal rubber things. It curves in nicely in the centre of he’s bumper. Cupra splitter wouldn’t do that as it’s flat.

Side skirts are nice. Don’t know where did he got them from.
I looked at few on eBay.
Dedicated to A6 found in two sizes 185 and 195 cm length. Will measure my sills and wait for a respond from a guy who has them skirts for A4’s also. If those could fit, will het those, as they also cheaper.

Will update later

It looks like a cupra splitter to me too pal and not stick on rubber things

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Look, what arrived from Germany today

IMG 9361

Tomorrow big day as they will be slapped onto new wheels. Woohoooo !

Fitted today

What do you guys think?

6435514eed0c4691418e3d5fd9147a3c.jpg

I love it

Reactions: Steveredman, Sandra and seasidestevo
Few close ups

IMG 94071

IMG 9408

IMG 9409

Haven't wash the wheels or the car but it looks amazing how alloys can transform vehicle appearance.

Got black counterweight to balance wheels so it looks better to my eye.

Thinking of getting silver bolt caps or paint the ones I have.

Waiting for new valve caps to arrive and that should complete wheel job. Although ... wheels look kinda big and poorer to the brakes? Might get drilled rotors next time for more aggressive look. How much more aggressive can 2.0 TDI be? LOL

Reactions: Markjb and Sandra
Very nice wheels, they suit the car and give it a newer look, but I think I still prefer your original 19” Le Mans wheels

Very nice wheels, they suit the car and give it a newer look, but I think I still prefer your original 19” Le Mans wheels
As above, when off the car I love the alloys and really thought they would suit your a6, I prefer your Le mans ones though, you're making me question some peeler/segment alloys on my Le mans now, but if you love them then it doesn't matter what we think pal

Reactions: Stricky2309
Thanx for the doubt thoughts, lads
Started to question myself “have I did right”?

Of course I did right!
I do like it and think it will grow on me even more, with time.

Appreciate your input.

Have a great one

Reactions: Furryhobnob
Ordered some new indicator leds Monday and got them today

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/162694653175

They are wicked.
Will check them tomorrow during the day but so far, I am stunned with their performance.

5e694eaa279a45b5cb8d01fa34b45186.jpg

It is the right hand side bulb that is new one, compared to old one on the left.

b80ddcb7b660703414be360cb9f4d7ab.jpg

Took only a pair of them for testing but will definitely order another set for the front.

Reverse T15’s are on their way also

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/142450768083

Will report back once arrived and fitted

Last edited:
Do these not flash every 30 seconds when the car does a bulb check?

The old leds did. With these I haven’t noticed yet.
Will look closer tomorrow

My car hyper flash all around so I don’t mind that much. Performance I was after.

Could not wait any longer for the site sponsor and took business elsewhere.
He came up with some new bulbs and drivers to prevent hyper flash but that was months ago and still no sign of them.
They only meant to be in a weeks time (!)

They do

Is it not dangerous for other road users if your indicators or reverse lights come on every 30 seconds? Even if briefly, or do they flash that quick that no one will notice?

Last edited:
Is it not dangerous for other road users if your indicators or reverse lights come on every 30 seconds? Even if briefly, or do they flash that quick that no one will notice?

That's why it is called "hyper flash". It is not as often to imitate the indicator or reverse light and not as bright to make them think of my intentions.
It will make them aware of it but by the time they will realize what happened, what it was and where it came from, I will be well gone. Unless stuck in traffic and someone is persistent to keep an eye on it all the time.
Right hand indicator flash first. Then left, followed by reverse light in the same order. Disco. LOL

If site sponsor worked out a driver in the new bulb with he's supplier, it may be something I can add on to the circuit? Hhmmm. Will investigate that.
My licence leds also hyper flash but cars lights are set to AUTO, so they stay on all the time. Then it is not visible, as it lit.

Hey, @maxpayne ,

Look what I got yesterday

IMG 94561

IMG 94571

Ones you got from me, looked so well, that I had get correct ones for myself again.

Nice touch to the lock, must say.

Reactions: maxpayne
Hey, @maxpayne ,

Look what I got yesterday

View attachment 143332

View attachment 143333

Ones you got from me, looked so well, that I had get correct ones for myself again.

Nice touch to the lock, must say.

Nice one!

I just noticed your build thread. Great stuff. Wish I had someone help me with getting the calipers painted like you did. Still have the Halfords silver spray paint lying around somewhere!

Thanx bud. It is only few of many thing I've done on the car and many I still plan to do.

Calipers paint job is not as hard as I thought it will be. Was afraid of all the items needing masking but ended up pretty straight forward. Painted on the discs but it got scraped off with first proper drive and braking.

Thanx bud. It is only few of many thing I've done on the car and many I still plan to do.

Calipers paint job is not as hard as I thought it will be. Was afraid of all the items needing masking but ended up pretty straight forward. Painted on the discs but it got scraped off with first proper drive and braking.

My problem is I only have bay parking and not a garage. Do you think it's doable in a non covered area? Also the weather doesn't help at all!

That's why it is called "hyper flash". It is not as often to imitate the indicator or reverse light and not as bright to make them think of my intentions.
It will make them aware of it but by the time they will realize what happened, what it was and where it came from, I will be well gone. Unless stuck in traffic and someone is persistent to keep an eye on it all the time.
Right hand indicator flash first. Then left, followed by reverse light in the same order. Disco. LOL

If site sponsor worked out a driver in the new bulb with he's supplier, it may be something I can add on to the circuit? Hhmmm. Will investigate that.
My licence leds also hyper flash but cars lights are set to AUTO, so they stay on all the time. Then it is not visible, as it lit.

Found an interesting site and explanation of "hyper flash". I am wrong with it's meaning but this should explain it all:

https://v-ledsblog.com/2010/10/28/fixing-blinker-hyper-flash/

It looks like, if you add load resistors to the front, you should also add them in the rears circuit. This way, you cheating the ecu as it should.

Read somewhere else, that a relay can be added in the circuit to correct the current to the ecu/led bulb but our C6's wont have relay operated indicators. It is all in ecu.

My problem is I only have bay parking and not a garage. Do you think it's doable in a non covered area? Also the weather doesn't help at all!

We have an underground secured parking that has bars half way though the walls. It does not protect from wind so you should be ok outside also.
Cover your car a bit further on the body (wheel arches to the bumpers and doors). This way you’ll ensure no overspray on the bodywork.
And make sure it doesn’t rain.
Whole prep process you know of, right?

Whole prep process you know of, right?
A bit. Plan is to clean the disc and pad using a brake cleaning spray after using steel wool to remove any rust. Then just the the Halfords calliper spray. Apparently it has primer mixed already!

A bit. Plan is to clean the disc and pad using a brake cleaning spray after using steel wool to remove any rust. Then just the the Halfords calliper spray. Apparently it has primer mixed already!

Get wire brush. Not the one on wood but these curved ones with plastic handles from diy merchant. They thinner, more wires and will get the stuff off better.
The amount of rust on the callipers will not go away by steel wool only. Unless you want to be there for some time. Believe me.
With steel wool you can smooth it out for more sleek finish.
I’ve used a high temperature paint and hammerite on top of it. Worked the charm.

Is your Halfrouds spray high temp?

Get wire brush. Not the one on wood but these curved ones with plastic handles from diy merchant. They thinner, more wires and will get the stuff off better.
The amount of rust on the callipers will not go away by steel wool only. Unless you want to be there for some time. Believe me.
With steel wool you can smooth it out for more sleek finish.
I’ve used a high temperature paint and hammerite on top of it. Worked the charm.

Is your Halfrouds spray high temp?

Roger that. Yes the Hellfrauds one should be high temperature. Apparently, the callipers don't get too hot anyway?

The other option I have (and I know that's rather chavy) is to fit the calliper covers I bought in a moment of madnesses a while ago

57ccc7bd49e4165f607a53a49bdc1575.jpg

Roger that. Yes the Hellfrauds one should be high temperature. Apparently, the callipers don't get too hot anyway?

The other option I have (and I know that's rather chavy) is to fit the calliper covers I bought in a moment of madnesses a while ago

57ccc7bd49e4165f607a53a49bdc1575.jpg

Those covers look nice, as for the design and decals. They are however, much smaller than callipers them self and will look more than chavy. Hideous and bonkers are only the nicest words I have for them.
I thought about them when owned A4 4 years ago. Had same moment when suddenly got more respect to the car brand and stopped myself in time not to press the “order” button.
These can get you more problems in long run, I read. It is all experience of the unlucky ones but you better not be.
Better paint them properly and get nice, high temp decals on them.

With snow outside the window, I got creative again.

Had some brushed aluminium effect silver vinyl left from my A4 projects and decided to have another go on the key fob.

Quick prep of the original fob I had and an hour later, this came as a result

c5567333ccb15ca61fba3d8b1bae4b4f.jpg

5770aa199c687dd60cf61303653191e9.jpg

33566fcebb700a65213480469495a435.jpg

Vinyl has a texture of brushed aluminium and feels great in hand. Covered the Audi rings but they still visible through it.

Think it looks much better than the painted one.

Reactions: martin1984 and Roadrunner146
After receiving another pair of those super indicator led bulbs, wanted to see how good these bulbs were vs ordinary halogen ones and old leds.

Put one of the mirrored looking like one I had originally installed and it wasn’t that far from the new led but still, not as bright.

New led on the left vs halogen on the right

b04905eb9d6d142e4f3dc84d5c8a93de.jpg

Here’s a new led on the left vs old led on the right

526f707c4e4d5d933641c138e21ecc6d.jpg

b3d2e96cd6f5cbbbfe12e34335cf2161.jpg

And both front ones as new leds

5cffd5f15bb5019734b60dbd9794c701.jpg

On all pictures you can see how these bulbs brighten up the wall at the back.

Will see how they look like reflecting in ahead cars rear bumpers during the day.
If have a chance, will take also some daylight pictures.

Still awaiting new led reverse bulbs to arrive

After receiving another pair of those super indicator led bulbs, wanted to see how good these bulbs were vs ordinary halogen ones and old leds.

Put one of the mirrored looking like one I had originally installed and it wasn’t that far from the new led but still, not as bright.

New led on the left vs halogen on the right

b04905eb9d6d142e4f3dc84d5c8a93de.jpg

Here’s a new led on the left vs old led on the right

526f707c4e4d5d933641c138e21ecc6d.jpg

b3d2e96cd6f5cbbbfe12e34335cf2161.jpg

And both front ones as new leds

5cffd5f15bb5019734b60dbd9794c701.jpg

On all pictures you can see how these bulbs brighten up the wall at the back.

Will see how they look like reflecting in ahead cars rear bumpers during the day.
If have a chance, will take also some daylight pictures.

Still awaiting new led reverse bulbs to arrive

Nice. Where did you get the LEDs from and how much were they?

When came back home, I had an teaser in a letter box from Santa, for Christmas.
Reverse leds arrived.

Fitted them quickly.

Nee one on the left vs. current one

c8b7ede57f361612d1615f2a1b19b0b3.jpg

74300225e3aed5b807315158e5bc7726.jpg

Both new ones

c62f81b7bef249470fe500a3178f6449.jpg

Cleaned the phone cameras lenses but still showed blur.
It is visible anyway, new leds are more powerful and brighter.

Will see in life, how they cope.

Reactions: martin1984
Do you get the bulb check flashes on the reverse LEDs? I have LEDs also and while they don't throw any CANBUS error in the DIS they flash thrice whenever the ignition in turned on.

Do you get the bulb check flashes on the reverse LEDs? I have LEDs also and while they don't throw any CANBUS error in the DIS they flash thrice whenever the ignition in turned on.

Yeah, they do strobe. Regardless new technology leds or no, they will flash.
Our cars don’t like them but We do like our cars and leds in them. Lol

As was reversing in the parking lot, dis error popped up and shut down both bulbs.
Switched of the car and drove off but error came back during the drive.

As dis informs me about separate left and right bulb problem, resistors for both would be needed.
Having a pair coming soon for the rear indicators but might test them also on the reverse lights instead.

Just thinking about the mounting point if them, as everything there is plastic surrounded. Unless I take the whole tailgate trim off, there would be no metal to attach them to.

Didn’t expect them to threw an error as look the part, with all the components soldered on them.
Link in one of my previous posts

Last edited:
As next on my long "to-do project list" are side skirts, trying to decide to paint them in car colour to match up with the bodywork or Silver to match up with silver details already on the car.

What do you think?

IMG 9645

IMG 9644

Here's me

IMG 9411 Large

Reactions: Misikee
Just came back for the car after fitting load resistors to new reverse bulbs I tried before.

Trim had to go off and testing commenced

6194eaac85a120409eed9cccfb0b6a1d.jpg

Close ups on wiring

2d6209f9590bb6541c9038e6f4bdc517.jpg

Resistor is hidden inside the tailgate, by the lamp, attached with screw

1b04fc025f8c87382d60d85e3432b386.jpg

Finished result

15caeed4448014a93c4d55aa40720633.jpg

It throw some light, I’m telling you

e452c105a99435635f6e80335214d068.jpg

Errors cleared with Carista so all worked really well.

Will test drive it properly tomorrow, on the trip to/from work as short journey around the parking lot might not be enough.

It was enough tho to show occurring errors for the radio update failed.
Not bothered with that.

Reactions: Markjb
What type of resistor did you buy for reverse light and do you need it for front turn signals too??

and where did you buy that carbon for outside near windows or you wrap it in carbon?

What type of resistor did you buy for reverse light and do you need it for front turn signals too??

and where did you buy that carbon for outside near windows or you wrap it in carbon?

Carbon got from eBay years ago and had some left overs from my first car, Skoda Fabia. I covered pretty much every detail inside the car with it back then. Been left with enough to cover A6’s B pillars and those little triangles in back doors.
This was a part of planning little accent for the car and to match with tail pipes in carbon but so far, didn’t got around to change them. One day I will.

Resistors are 50watt 8Ohm. Got them from AliExpress @ £3.78 for 4 of them with crimp splice connectors.
My fussy car needed them also for the front indicators but used 50watt 6Ohm. These are much more common and got them from eBay that time.
Same ones used for fog lights and primary ordered for that purpose, over a year ago.
Non of the rear ones needed any resistor until I changed the reverse bulbs recently.