quick intercooler question

knoxie

K4OXE
Reaction score
fitted my FMIC yesterday, took it for a little drive slowly loading boost and all seemed ok!

went to go out and thought id boost it a bit harder and pop!!

a pipe come off, so i refitted it @ the side of the road but im now worried that its going to do it again, obviously i have to check but was just worried it may do damage if it does come off again?

thanks knoxie

Just tighten them it up a bit more and go for it.

Assume you are using good clips and a socket rather then a screwdriver to do them up?

yeah socket mate, and i have tightened it more but worried it could cause damage?

What clips? T-bolt type or normal type? are the pipes bed rolled?

T-bolt clamps are rubbish tbh... best clips to use are JCS Hi Grips... t-bolts have no feel so they will either leak as they aren't tight enough or you crush teh pipe thinking its not tight enough... JCS are better than jubilees and can be tightened loads without getting the click of death... you can feel when they are tight... if one does go click then bin it... its useless and will leak...

All pipes should have a bead on the end else they pretty much will come off...

<tuffty/>

the pipe that has come off is the oem pipe on the drivers side so yes has a bead and i have not had any clicks from that, i think my clips are the ones you (tuffty the man!!) used in the FMIC thread, if they are t-clamps where do i get these others from?

thanks for the help guys :) knoxie

the pipe that has come off is the oem pipe on the drivers side so yes has a bead and i have not had any clicks from that, i think my clips are the ones you (tuffty the man!!) used in the FMIC thread, if they are t-clamps where do i get these others from?

thanks for the help guys :) knoxie

I guess I should update it really as I used when I didn't know any better..

JCS Hi Grips in stainless steel... Forge or eBay are the best places to source them...

<tuffty/>

I guess I should update it really as I used when I didn't know any better..

JCS Hi Grips in stainless steel... Forge or eBay are the best places to source them...

<tuffty/>

thank you tuffty, will they be ok for now?