Quick Decat Question for custom exhaust setup

Adam P

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm currently running a custom long life cat back exhaust system on my 2001 s3 8l. The car has had the usuall stage 1 upgrades, tip, filter, stage 1 map etc. I have got myself a decat from another forum member which when lined up underneath the car seems to fit. The issue i have is that the standard cat on the car has a lambda sensor, the decat has a hole for this but is blanked off. Basically i want to avoid any fault lights from coming up on the dash. My current lambda is well and truly stuck in the standard cat even after heating up it will not budge. Whats the best way around this issue?

Has anyone else had this issue or know where i can find the answers, i have used Google search and search on here but cant seem to find much. My engine is the 210 bhp from factory model not sure of the code but hopefully someone out there can help and advise me?

Thanks in advance.

Adam P

if you cant get it out im guessing your have to buy a new one but there not cheap iirc, i spent a sloid 5hrs trying to get the 2 out of mine, you can get a open socket which might help i had a spanner and soaked it in PB Blaster or the like

post cat lambda is a narrow band one thats the cheaper of the two... you can prob buy a second hand one if push comes to shove but it needs to be electrically connected else adaption won't work and you will have running issues...

The probe can also be mapped out if need be...

<tuffty/>

Thanks for the quick responses guys really appreciate it. Looks like i will try and source another second hand lambda then and get her up on the ramps again. Trying to get the car all up-together for gti international.

So i am likely to see a fault light appear once the decat is installed and the replacement lambda is connected up?