Quick aquaphobic products for car windscreen

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
The 2 products l have used G-glass and when l was desperate even got some Rain ☓ lol, these as l knew only lasted a day or two.... But There's a certain part of me windscreen that doesn't take on any of the products ie the drivers side, G-glass normally does this as l have used it on a weekly basis for a few years, but l don't know what's been put on the windscreen by the dealer....?

@jassyo06 - I would give your windscreen a good clean with something like AF Oblitarate / CP IronX
Soak an old MF towel in either product and give the windscreen a good wipe down
That should remove anything that was applied by the Dealer me thinks

Reactions: Jassyo06
@jassyo06 - I would give your windscreen a good clean with something like AF Oblitarate / CP IronX
Soak an old MF towel in either product and give the windscreen a good wipe down
That should remove anything that was applied by the Dealer me thinks
Yeah mate will do, when the damp hits this part of the windscreen, there appears these wipe marks on it....... Even when it's wet, it's not wiper marks, it's almost vertical and also there's this Sucker circle from when they fit the screen onto the car in the factory.... Pretty annoying and l can't stand driving using wipers

Reactions: Bristle Hound
@jassy06 , I use Rain Racer on my car windows but also have the house /conservatory done with it as well .and only need to wash house windows once or twice a year .
Angel wax H2 go. gets good reports on Detailing world , I am thinking of getting some for the car .
I would give ure window a good clean as @Bristle Hound suggests .

@jassy06 , I use Rain Racer on my car windows but also have the house /conservatory done with it as well .and only need to wash house windows once or twice a year .
Angel wax H2 go. gets good reports on Detailing world , I am thinking of getting some for the car .
I would give ure window a good clean as @Bristle
Hound
suggests .

Angel wax H2O Sounds heavenly lol will look it up.... and thanx

I’ve got CG Jetseal 109 on mine, just rolls right off

Nanolex ultra glass for me lasts about 3 years if applied correctly

I'm waiting to see how the 'Hydro2 lite' works before getting anything...not had chance to use it yet with all the snow and rain we've had :( Apparently you can use it on anything!!!

Ordered some Angelwax H2GO to see how it is. Won't be putting it on the windscreen though, don't like coatings on the front.

Ordered some Angelwax H2GO to see how it is. Won't be putting it on the windscreen though, don't like coatings on the front.
@scotty76 - Good choice my friend
You'll be missing the trick if you dont apply it on your windscreen
Warm the glass up from the inside with the heater, then apply sparingly to the whole screen, buff off & re-apply after 20 mins

Reactions: Pinky1959, AUDI_ADDICT and scotty76
Managed to get some of the 'Hydro2 lite' on the drivers window to test....works well :) When driving it goes into a very fine mist.

This is when getting back in after being parked up:

Passengers side
Passengers

Drivers side (treated)
Drivers

@scotty76 - Good choice my friend
You'll be missing the trick if you dont apply it on your windscreen
Warm the glass up from the inside with the heater, then apply sparingly to the whole screen, buff off & re-apply after 20 mins

H2Go is the absolute nuts on the windscreen. A van coming the other way drowned my car in a wave of water from a puddle he ploughed through and before I could even reach for the wipers it was gone. Absolutely incredible stuff. Always make sure my screen has this on even if the car is a mess in the winter.

Reactions: scotty76 and Bristle Hound
First impression of H2GO is good. Not had any rain but was -2C and frost this morning. The windows I treated (front sides and rear windscreen) were really easy to clear as the frost didn't seem to have "stuck" to them very well. Had a bit of water run off on the rear screen and could see it was running down really quickly. Looking forward to seeing how it performs in the rain.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound
First impression of H2GO is good. Not had any rain but was -2C and frost this morning. The windows I treated (front sides and rear windscreen) were really easy to clear as the frost didn't seem to have "stuck" to them very well. Had a bit of water run off on the rear screen and could see it was running down really quickly. Looking forward to seeing how it performs in the rain.

Just remember, the harder it rains the better it will perform. Don't expect light drizzle to fly off your windscreen

Reactions: Jimbo10
Just remember, the harder it rains the better it will perform. Don't expect light drizzle to fly off your windscreen
Sorry, I meant to update this.

Had H2GO on for a few weeks now. It's working well, keeping the side windows clear. The rear window doesn't clear as well due to not being in the airflow but that's OK, it still makes the water bead off a treat.

I put H2GO on the passenger side front windscreen of my wife's car as a sort of 50/50 test. The water rolls off nicely at speed but it does cause wiper judder on that side which is what I've had in the past with glass coatings.

All in all the product works well but I won't be applying it to my windscreen due to wiper judder.

Reactions: AUDI_ADDICT
I won't be applying it to my windscreen due to wiper judder.
@scotty76 - I've never had wiper judder with H2GO applied
I've had it applied to 2 different Ka's, 2 different MINI's, 2 different Audi's windscreens all with no probs
Give it a go on the windscreen mate, you won't be disappointed

Reactions: scotty76 and Jassyo06
Going to fire on H2GO tomorrow success is in the application l think.....use very little product...me thinks

Going to fire on H2GO tomorrow success is in the application l think.....use very little product...me thinks
@jassyo06 - All about the prep mate, especially on the windscreen
Make sure the WS is squeeky clean. IPA or similar wipedown before application
Warm the windscreen up a little with the car heater before application
Apply with 1 MF buff off with another clean MF
I always apply 2 coats 20mins apart on the windscreens

Let us know how you get on

@jassyo06 - All about the prep mate, especially on the windscreen
Make sure the WS is squeeky clean. IPA or similar wipedown before application
Warm the windscreen up a little with the car heater before application
Apply with 1 MF buff off with another clean MF
I always apply 2 coats 20mins apart on the windscreens

Let us know how you get on

Got Gtechniq glass polish that does strip everything down,plus l have some Gtechniq Panel,will use this after the polishing "by hand may add lol" then apply the H2GO

Right this is driving me round the bend the windscreen on my car that is, now l washed both the Mrs car and my own today even though it was windy with occasional light rain, after the wash l fired on some Fireball easi coat on both cars, left it on for about 5 minutes then rinsed both cars, now my Mrs car is the work horse so it doesn't get tlc very often, but noticed how well the windscreen on her car was beading because of the easi coat, not on my windscreen it didn't, so thought l will towel dry clean the windscreen.
Now towel dry complete, l used some angelwax vision with a new microfibre cloth folded x 4, Drizzle got heavier, anyway persisted used 3 towels to the clean windscreen even a glass cloth which l admit had more bite, now the spray head on angelwax vision is bad terrible more of the product was going over my fingers than on the windscreen, **** it l though I will use Gtechniq glass cleaner again nearly managed to get the windscreen prepped, Drizzle got heavier, l was getting desperate now so l tried apply some H2go tiny 2 sprays of it on the damp windscreen in hope of getting some sort of hydrophobicity on the screen nope, nada, zilch, l at least thought the glass cleaner would have some sort of hydrophobic repellency not on my windscreen.... There's no sign of any beading on the windscreen whatsoever, thing is when l use the wipers, as they wipe up to clear the windscreen they do, but as they wipe down the water/rain pulls back across over the screen, it really impairs my vision and very distracting, no other car l have owned had this problem, l give up
Also l will never ever use the Fireball easi coat again.....

Right this is driving me round the bend the windscreen on my car that is, now l washed both the Mrs car and my own today even though it was windy with occasional light rain, after the wash l fired on some Fireball easi coat on both cars, left it on for about 5 minutes then rinsed both cars, now my Mrs car is the work horse so it doesn't get tlc very often, but noticed how well the windscreen on her car was beading because of the easi coat, not on my windscreen it didn't, so thought l will towel dry clean the windscreen.
Now towel dry complete, l used some angelwax vision with a new microfibre cloth folded x 4, Drizzle got heavier, anyway persisted used 3 towels to the clean windscreen even a glass cloth which l admit had more bite, now the spray head on angelwax vision is bad terrible more of the product was going over my fingers than on the windscreen, **** it l though I will use Gtechniq glass cleaner again nearly managed to get the windscreen prepped, Drizzle got heavier, l was getting desperate now so l tried apply some H2go tiny 2 sprays of it on the damp windscreen in hope of getting some sort of hydrophobicity on the screen nope, nada, zilch, l at least thought the glass cleaner would have some sort of hydrophobic repellency not on my windscreen.... There's no sign of any beading on the windscreen whatsoever, thing is when l use the wipers, as they wipe up to clear the windscreen they do, but as they wipe down the water/rain pulls back across over the screen, it really impairs my vision and very distracting, no other car l have owned had this problem, l give up
Also l will never ever use the Fireball easi coat again.....
@jassyo06 - Could be the Fireball easi coat affecting the application of the AW H2G0 mate+ I think trying to apply the H2Go in the wet is not helping either
Use some of the Gtechniq glass cleaner on a MF & wipe the wiper blades down as well as the windscreen when the weather drys up mate. Thast should solve your problem. When you get a dry day give the windscreen & wipers a good clan and then apply the H2Go as at post 21 above

@jassyo06 - Could be the Fireball easi coat affecting the application of the AW H2G0 mate+ I think trying to apply the H2Go in the wet is not helping either
Use some of the Gtechniq glass cleaner on a MF & wipe the wiper blades down as well as the windscreen when the weather drys up mate. Thast should solve your problem. When you get a dry day give the windscreen & wipers a good clan and then apply the H2Go as at post 21 above
Here's both windscreens mate,

DSC 0178
DSC 0179

The fiesta has beading channels on my cars screen is just like old glass that's never ever been treated with anything, you can clearly see at the top of the roof which was cleaned with glass cleaner= over spray but wiped it off, there's also a corner of the pano-roof that nothing takes to either

Just tried to dry the windscreen off again and sprayed so quick detailer, should at least last the journey to work tomorrow as its to be pouring down again ye got a love the Scottish weather..... Hell hole it is

Reactions: Bristle Hound and THQuattro
I remember reading something on detailing world that to really strip any coating etc. (I know you say no coating has ever been applied) try something called ‘Bar Keepers Friend’. You can sometimes find it in Tesco/Morrison’s but more likely to find it in places like b&m.

Maybe worth a go sticking that on for a few quid then try applying again.

Reactions: AUDI_ADDICT
Just tried to dry the windscreen off again and sprayed so quick detailer, should at least last the journey to work tomorrow as its to be pouring down again ye got a love the Scottish weather..... Hell hole it is

Got my car about the same time as you got yours, windscreen never wiped clear and felt like it had some kind of coating on it already with strange marks and stripes in it. Tried 50/50 meths/water and newspaper scrubbing like crazy, cerum oxide, ipa, acetone but nothing worked.
Ended up using Gtechniq P1 Nano polish meant for paintwork and I could actually see a brownish coating coming off. Went with a desperate view that if I stuffed the glass I’d crack it with a hammer and get it replaced. Then used Gtechniq glass cleaner, final ipa wipe, washed with soapy water then put wipers back. 2 hours hard scrubbing and it now wiped 100% with the wipers. All done by hand with microfibre cloths polishing a small patch at a time.
Then like an idiot I put Gtechniq G1/G2 on it, caused the worst ever wiper judder and had to repeat the whole process to strip that.

So sounds like your screen might have some residue from the factory like mine had which only elbow grease will clear before other coatings can adhere. Leaving mine a week or 3 before applying H2Go as I can’t put myself through that lot for the 3rd time in 2 weeks if it goes wrong ☹️

I’m sure other products would do the cleaning quicker and better but I used what I had to hand.

Reactions: scotty76 and Jassyo06
Got my car about the same time as you got yours, windscreen never wiped clear and felt like it had some kind of coating on it already with strange marks and stripes in it. Tried 50/50 meths/water and newspaper scrubbing like crazy, cerum oxide, ipa, acetone but nothing worked.
Ended up using Gtechniq P1 Nano polish meant for paintwork and I could actually see a brownish coating coming off. Went with a desperate view that if I stuffed the glass I’d crack it with a hammer and get it replaced. Then used Gtechniq glass cleaner, final ipa wipe, washed with soapy water then put wipers back. 2 hours hard scrubbing and it now wiped 100% with the wipers. All done by hand with microfibre cloths polishing a small patch at a time.
Then like an idiot I put Gtechniq G1/G2 on it, caused the worst ever wiper judder and had to repeat the whole process to strip that.

So sounds like your screen might have some residue from the factory like mine had which only elbow grease will clear before other coatings can adhere. Leaving mine a week or 3 before applying H2Go as I can’t put myself through that lot for the 3rd time in 2 weeks if it goes wrong ☹️

I’m sure other products would do the cleaning quicker and better but I used what I had to hand.
Exactly as you described nightmare got the gthecniq polish etc so l will give that a go thanks mate

I havnt treid any products which leave a
coat my windscreen but ive found after a good wash i go over it with a clay bar then just glass cleaner (megs) and thats fine for a month or so.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk