Quick advice on bleeding brakes.

emery1990

Reaction score
Ive got all my kit up together, eezibleed kit and oil. Wants to do it now while the weather is okish. But in what order do i bleed from, I would of guessed in this order maybe ;

left rear right rear, front left, front right. ?

How odd, I just back from the shops with an eezibleed kit and oil :)

I found this post the other day that confirms the order as

Do the calipers in this order..

Passenger Rear
Driver Rear
Passenger Front
Driver Front

ahh thats the order I was going to go in anyway :D . best get bleeding before it rains.

Cheers for that mate.

Well that was £50 well spent:banghead:

Last edited:
Not one bit lol. Ive seen alot on doing the master cylinders etc alot, but I've only been told to do the 4 cylinders.

I had a problem bleeding my brakes once before.
I just found the reciepts from havin it done
bear in mind I started with my local garage who basicly couldnt do it.

I took it to JBS
with a receipt for £100+
then to a place in Nottingham £315
then it had to go back there and charged another £50

and I am pretty sure the brakes still arent spot on like they were when I bought it. :(

I got a quote for a full 6 brake line (Goodridge reinforced) replacement with fitting and fluid change for £275 all in the other day i am tempted

The a3/s3/tt brake system is renouned for getting air in it whilst bleeding, the 8p chassis isn't any better. When i get a spare 5mins im going to have to sort my crappy brakes, some s3's i drive are spot on but quite a few are terrible. And why buy the kit for 50 quid and do it yourself when its 49 for audi to do it, or worse pay JBS 100?

I bought a vacuum bleeder kit, was awesome. Draper make it, costs 30 quid but you need a compressor.

Yer they are so Crap, I can push it the whole way down quite easily. Well the fluid and bleeder kit came to £50.

Yer they are so Crap, I can push it the whole way down quite easily. Well the fluid and bleeder kit came to £50.

That isnt right!

Is the fluid level dropping?, seems like there's a leak to me if its not air in the system.

Theres no leak I dont think, I just think theres still air in the system. Its been like it since i got it. I may be exagarating (SP)? when i say its really easy to put the pedal to the floor, but i can put it too the floor when i slams my brakes on. Im not going to worry about it now though,

People will say im crazy but im thinking of swapping my car in for a fwd a3 or golf annivesary. wants the AUQ engined a3 though with the k03s in it.

mine is up for a service in the not too distant future so will be paying Audi £49 to replace the fluid at the same time. peace of mind and all that...

Yer i may pop them a visit to have a look at it, still got a bit of fluid left so if it needs topping up i got it .!