Questions for install catch can on AMK

cstmn

Reaction score
Hello I have a very stupid question for how to install oil catch tank on my car. She is 2001 AMK engine, but i’m a new member on the forum...

This is PCV:
pipes.jpg

From 035-103-245-A up after him I don't know what to do. Which to eliminate, which to interrupt or obscure?

Could anyone explain to me how it is simpler and slower, because I can't understand the topics I find?? :friends::whistle2::thumbs up:

This pretty much explains everything even if it’s on an Audi TT 8N. Exactly the same method.

Basically rip it out, block off under the inlet manifold, join the crankcase and rocker cover pipes together via a Tee piece into the catch cans inlet and then outlet to hockey puck to TIP.

General consensus is not to bother trying to repair the existing pipework, wouldn’t be long before you get another leak somewhere else.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This pretty much explains everything even if it’s on an Audi TT 8N. Exactly the same method.

Basically rip it out, block off under the inlet manifold, join the crankcase and rocker cover pipes together via a Tee piece into the catch cans inlet and then outlet to hockey puck to TIP.

General consensus is not to bother trying to repair the existing pipework, wouldn’t be long before you get another leak somewhere else.

Hope that helps

So basically rip it out all of this:
pipes.jpg

And block off under the inlet manifold?

Yeah but you’ll need to keep the 90 degree elbow coming out of the crankcase (block) or replace for new which most people do. The pipework you need is 19mm internal diameter. Use 5 ply silicone much easier to fit, clamp up and remove if need be.

Yeah but you’ll need to keep the 90 degree elbow coming out of the crankcase (block) or replace for new which most people do. The pipework you need is 19mm internal diameter. Use 5 ply silicone much easier to fit, clamp up and remove if need be.

very very thanks dude i have a custom 90 degree elbow from aluminium and i have 19mm internal diameter silicone.

Then your good to go dude try to minimise your bends best you can, over time these can get restricted. I tend to flush the pipework through every 6 months....

High pressured water usually.... clamp a hose to a garden hose and turn the tap on flat out, usually clears it through. Not good for the environment, but Nors driving our cars haha

Reactions: Asim1