Question to People Who Retrofit Their Audi's

Invicta

Reaction score
Hi,

I see quite a few posts on here saying something on the lines of.. "just bought a new S3 and wanting to retrofit it with.." and it got me wondering;

have these people full on bought the car outright? Or do they have it on a PCP/PH contract but don't care about what Audi might say? And what about people remapping as well, surely Audi would put their foot down on that?

I, myself, have recently got an A3 on PCP and have been wanting to do quite a few things such as tinting rear indicators, installing puddle lights, retrofitting dynamic indicator adapter etc but worry about what Audi might say if I took it in to them.

Thanks guys

allways read the small print in any type of contract first, that way there can be no misunderstandings later on.
I've never had a car etc on any type of agreement only outright purchase so cant comment on specifics but read the print and be informed at the start with it chap.

good luck.

allways read the small print in any type of contract first, that way there can be no misunderstandings later on.
I've never had a car etc on any type of agreement only outright purchase so cant comment on specifics but read the print and be informed at the start with it chap.

good luck.
I'll make sure to have a look, I had thought of contacting Audi directly to see what they would say as well.

To be fair, I did ask one of the dealers when I got the car about this kind of stuff and he said it's fine so long as I'm not doing stuff like drilling in to the boot to fit a spoiler.

Like most lease/contract things you don't own it so you are legally obliged to maintain it correctly , which probably restricts you from modifying it to any serious degree.

Reactions: Ghost
Like most lease/contract things you don't own it so you are legally obliged to maintain it correctly , which probably restricts you from modifying it to any serious degree.
That's what's made me want to ask the question since I see many people talk about retrofitting new vehicles

If things go wrong with the retrofits or cause problems with the car then the dealer may come back and say the warranty is invalid, for example if you remap the car and they find the map, then they will TD1 flag the car, so you lose warranty on engine, gearbox and drive train, but the remap won't affect the warranty on the MMi system. Remember it's the finance company that own the car so if you want to modify it then get approval in writing from them, as they won't happy is the warranty is cancelled on a new car that they own.

Personally while my cars are under warranty I won't be touching them, regardless of finance or not.

If things go wrong with the retrofits or cause problems with the car then the dealer may come back and say the warranty is invalid, for example if you remap the car and they find the map, then they will TD1 flag the car, so you lose warranty on engine, gearbox and drive train, but the remap won't affect the warranty on the MMi system. Remember it's the finance company that own the car so if you want to modify it then get approval in writing from them, as they won't happy is the warranty is cancelled on a new car that they own.

Personally while my cars are under warranty I won't be touching them, regardless of finance or not.
Fair enough, thank you very much for the reply.

As it happens, I got a call back from Coventry Audi where I picked the car up from and they said if I want to return the car at the end of the agreement then it does have to be in original condition but said that I'm allowed to make any changes I want, unless it's "engine tuning or changing bodykits" then I have to contact Audi directly and get approval off of them, but I'm not really looking in to doing stuff like that