Question regarding rear park sensor volume

Shawn

Reaction score
Evening all,

New to the forum but not to Audis in general. Hoping someone can give me some input as to an odd problem I have noticed.

Recently traded my 2014 A3 for a 2017 A3 Sportback (facelift). First thing I notice different from my last A3 is the volume of the rear parking sensor. I can barely hear it. I seem to only have a low, med or high volume setting and no individual tone frequency adjustment. Even on the loudest setting I can barely hear the rear sensors even when sitting in the garage in complete silence. When out shopping with other outside sounds it is next to impossible to hear.

Next thing I have noticed is the car came with the Audi Sound System. My last A3 had an individual subwoofer setting. The new one has only treble and bass. The subwoofer can not even be heard unless the volume is turned up to almost deafening levels.

I have read that early 2017 models had an older version of MMI and that a new version was released somewhere around Oct 2017. Is this the case and could this also be some type of problem causing my rear sensor volume issue as well?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!