Question regarding my S3

Bigyin. You have a pm

Cheers pal, Star is / will be at the top of my list for when i get it done. I'm also swinging towards the GIAC map over the Revo map so it makes it even easier to choose star. Although I've been reading lots of threads regarding clutches letting go after only a few months once mapped, that'd be the last thing i'd need lol

With only stage 1 you dont need to worry about the cluth. It`s when you have stage 2 ore more the clutch starts letting go. What year model do you have? I have heard that the facelift (2009 and later) model has a new uppgrade clutch (sachs) comparing to the 2007-2008 model. I dont know if its true but bin hering it from a few people. Anyone knows if its any truth about that rumor?

I have heard that the facelift (2009 and later) model has a new uppgrade clutch (sachs) comparing to the 2007-2008 model. I dont know if its true but bin hering it from a few people. Anyone knows if its any truth about that rumor?

:search:

With only stage 1 you dont need to worry about the cluth. It`s when you have stage 2 ore more the clutch starts letting go. What year model do you have? I have heard that the facelift (2009 and later) model has a new uppgrade clutch (sachs) comparing to the 2007-2008 model. I dont know if its true but bin hering it from a few people. Anyone knows if its any truth about that rumor?

I was always told S3's even with a stage 1 has problems with clutch slip?
Guess it depends on how you drive them

Cheers pal, Star is / will be at the top of my list for when i get it done. I'm also swinging towards the GIAC map over the Revo map so it makes it even easier to choose star. Although I've been reading lots of threads regarding clutches letting go after only a few months once mapped, that'd be the last thing i'd need lol

Bigyin - I went stage 1, but the clutch only lasted about 2 months before it started slipping. Many others also report pretty swift clutch fails after stage 1. Some are lucky though & I guess it also depends how the previous owners drove the car...

I went for GIAC coz I thought it'd be smooth & would preserve the clutch. Wrong! I'm happy with the map, just not happy with my pre map logic...

Yeah thats pretty much what I've been reading. It makes the decision process easier. I will have the car mapped, but next year when my warranty runs out, at the same time I'll just have the clutch uprated. It'll be like getting a new car next year lol.

I suppose its poss that Audi might have up rated the clutch a bit now anyway. Might explain why some people have no problem. My DSG is holding out touch wood :)