1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question on the subject of HGV Cat C Licence Entitlement.

Just Rob. Dec 1, 2019 at 8:37 PM

1. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Evening all
    I am looking for some clarification really on the following subject.
    HGV Cat C Entitlement and exceptions.
    Having finally cleared up my recent issue of lost entitlements on my licence and the DVLA has issue me a new item with all my missing catergories put back on, they put there hands upto a computer glitch.
    I have C1+E which I want to use soon but it may not be sufficient to cover the weight so I plan on upgrading to HGV Cat C which will cover me.
    My problem is that I cannot get clarification on the subject of CPC , I have spoken with several HGV driving centres and they maintain I need to complete all 4 parts of the cpc , but, DVLA info says that I don't , only parts 1 & 3 as I already have Cat1+E.
    The sticking point seems to be my intended usage of HGV Cat C lorries.
    I have no intentions of driving for professional purposes nor for financial gain etc, it is for my own personal useage so a full cpc is not required, but HGV school maintain i need all 4 parts.
    I just cant find a definitive answer to the question.
    I'm in the process of working through part one the theory test so wanted to be sure on what is needed.

If anyone one can shed some light on the subject i'd be very greatful

cheers
    rob