Question on Speakers + Light/Rain Package

Dazzle89

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Got 2 questions before i make my choice on the car, going for a glacier white sportback Sline.

My question is how many speakers do you get as standard and where are they positioned? I was planning to fit my 12" alpine sub in the back so is it worth upgrading to the audi sound system i already have a sub and assume its better than audis so all i am getting is extra speakers or use that money and get the light/rain package?

I drove an a3 a while ago that had the bog standard sound system and it was really disappointing imo. Worth getting *** or B&O if you can afford it

In my opinion the Light /Rain package is well worth getting. As far as upgrading to a better sound system, it depends on how much you play to music in the car. Personally I don't so I have stuck with the standard speaker system which basically gives speakers in the front and rear doors, with no tweeters on the dash or sub-woofer in the luggage area.

I'm sure most members will suggest upgrading to at least the Audi Sound System but to me that would have been a waste of money.

In my opinion the Light /Rain package is well worth getting. As far as upgrading to a better sound system, it depends on how much you play to music in the car. Personally I don't so I have stuck with the standard speaker system which basically gives speakers in the front and rear doors, with no tweeters on the dash or sub-woofer in the luggage area.

I'm sure most members will suggest upgrading to at least the Audi Sound System but to me that would have been a waste of money.

What it cant only have 4 speakers 2 in front 2 in back??

Standard system is 8 speakers, 4 front + 4 rear. Audi Sound System adds subwoofer and centre speaker. B&O adds a huge smile to your face and a further 4 speakers with 705W.

Reactions: The Challinor, benhock101, Redgrouse and 1 other person
What it cant only have 4 speakers 2 in front 2 in back??

No it has two speakers in each door. I larger one at the bottom and a smaller one near the top in each door.

I went for the audi sound system over B&O and used the money on other options. TBH I am very happy with it. It's akin to the BOSE on the previous car. Light and rain sensor worth having and isn't much in terms of cost. Got that on my S3 - you can adjust the light settings through the MMI too, so it doesn't get irritating, e.g. in my old cayman s the lights used to switch on when you went under bridges!

Reactions: glospete
I went for the audi sound system over B&O and used the money on other options. TBH I am very happy with it. It's akin to the BOSE on the previous car. Light and rain sensor worth having and isn't much in terms of cost. Got that on my S3 - you can adjust the light settings through the MMI too, so it doesn't get irritating, e.g. in my old cayman s the lights used to switch on when you went under bridges!

That sounds good to be honest, never had rain and sensors so will look forward to playing with that lol.