Question on lights and dash clocks

tazzy baby

Welsh & Proud
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals im looking to see if any one knows if it is possible to take the dash clocks apart so i can remove the chrome rings and is it possible to remove the lense from the head light so i can take away the chrome surround. If it is has anyone got pics on this so i could take a look at. Cheers gareth

yes and yes
i dont have any pictures tho
but theres a few guides
google is your friend.

For the headlights search for 'joey mod' probably best buying a second set of headlights first just incase something goes wrong

In the DIY guides sticky is a link to A4Mods.com, in there is a step by step guide to splitting the lights and respraying the silver reflector black.

In the DIY guides sticky is a link to A4Mods.com, in there is a step by step guide to splitting the lights and respraying the silver reflector black.

Like this (belt is to hold headlight in tight while adhesive set.

f55a88f4.jpg

3edab7ce.jpg

Any you can take your cluster apart quite easily, I have done this...

237d7772.jpg

Is it possible to change the colour of the LED's in the instument cluster? as in that picture they look almost blue?

What did you use to re-seal the lights, i just fitted some S4 headlights bit it looks like i may have to slit and re-seal one of them.

Can't quite remember as it was a few years ago now, but I expect I used some black silicone sealant, like the stuff you squirt of of a tube when you're grouting... but black in colour, not white! Left it tied up like that for about 4hours in my warm kitchen.