Question - N75 open circuit fault

Scullies

Reaction score
I have had some boost issues, no boost sometimes then full boost then half boost.
Did a scan and found N75 open circuit.

I took the N75 out and tested it will a compressor and 12v, when I apply the 12v the air gets diverted back towards the TIP, no voltage air is diverted to wastegate. There is also power at the N75 plug.
Weird thing is its only seems to be a problem when things are hot underneath the bonnet.

Would an ultrasonic clean do anything for it and some heat protection or relocation?

Or is it in need of replacement?

Open circuit fault is electrical... sounds like you have a break in the wire somewhere... it happens more often than you think...

<tuffty/>

******, guess I will be pulling wire over the weekend :(

So after replacing the wiring and N75 plug, it still playing up. So this time when it was hot and had thrown the fault, I tested the N75 for resistance. There was nothing across the 2 terminals, I let it cool down and tested it again. I got a reading of 30.4 Ohms. So I then relocated the N75 to behind the front left head light, went for a drive. It seemed to run for longer without throwing an error, then as soon as I tried to have a go with a Mk6 Gti, BOOM - no boost and the Gti left me as if I was looking for parking.

So my next plan is to relocate the boost feed to the N75, currently the N75 gets its boost feed from the the original place. This is hot compressed air directly from the turbo.
Would it affect anything N75 related if I moved the boost feed to after the FMIC and before the TB. I have already extended the return to TIP and wastegate lines when I relocated the N75.

I think i got a spare n75 valve.

PM sent :thumbsup:

So I relocated the boost feed to the N75, fitted a nipple to the intake pipe after the IC, N75 still having heart failure when it gets hot. So looks like a new one for me.
However, with the N75 relocated, the car seems to pull so much better until it stops working. I cant see how the relocation would have any affect on the power, its probably one of those mind game things like when you change something the car feels so much better :wacko: