Question for those with S-tronic?

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I noticed today when starting the car that even though in the DIS it says to put your foot on the brake before starting, the car will still start without doing that. Is that normal,
I'm sure from my 3.2 days the brake had to be down!

All dsgs I have had which is 4 I never once had to start with brake pushed down. Plus whilst in park the car can't go anywhere anyways so no need for it, I think message just says whilst stationery apply brake doesn't it? I'm back in a manual now so forgot lol

Don't have to push the brake down, just needs to be in park or it wont let you start it. :)

My car will start without the brake pushed down. I regulary turn it on from outside! Same for my old DSG tdi a3 8p1 too.

It must be right then, I've had 2 other dsg's and the R36 and for the life of me I couldn't remember.
I'm just getting paranoid now as i've had the car 3 weeks and I keep finding little things wrong with the car that the super duper 145 point Audi check failed to spot........why am I not surprised!

To summarise lol mine too will start without the brake pressed when the car is in park

Are you sure the message referrers to engine start? On my display it says to push the brake pedal while selecting gears.
I can start the engine without holding the brake pedal but only in P and N.

It says "To start engine or select gear apply foot brake when stationary", obviously the when starting bit is optional lol

It says "To start engine or select gear apply foot brake when stationary", obviously the when starting bit is optional lol

My 2011 plate is same, says that but doesn't need the brake to start only to change gears. first DSG I've had so not sure if that s normal but guess it is. works fine

I think it differs between s-tronic and manual gearboxes because s-tronic won't roll forward in park...

My display also says to start or selecting gears put foot on the brake, just tried to start it without my size 9 on the brake and it's started.....

Must just be a universal message on the cluster.....

Won't let me select a gear with out my foot on the brake but that's pretty standard.

Cheers Dan

I noticed today when starting the car that even though in the DIS it says to put your foot on the brake before starting, the car will still start without doing that. Is that normal,
I'm sure from my 3.2 days the brake had to be down!

Mine is the same mate