Question for Lowride

necroeire

Reaction score
Question for Lowride:

I'm planning on washing, polishing and waxing my car at the weekend (please don't rain) and I have a question I hope you can answer.

I'm going to use Meguiars Shampoo, AutoGlym Polish and Meguiars Wax. After the polishing and waxing the plastic trim looks crap, it goes all white and is probably due to me not being very accurate while applying the wax/polish. I used back to black before, which looks good for about five minutes. So what do I use to get the plastic trim looking good?

Also any advise for getting swirls out of a black car? Have tried everything other than the Porter-Cable thingy.

Thanks in advance.

Hi mate,

There is a few things that I would use for the plastic trim. I used to have a mk2 Golf and that had plastic trim everywhere
Autoglym and Merr both sell a product just for plastic trim, I would have thought it would be for sale in Halfords. The Merr product is very good but like you say, nothing seems to last that long. It can be annoying, I think its partly down to the sun
One trick is to use a can of silicone, I use it now and again to cover small marks, not sure how long it lasts though. I don`t think any of the products will last more than 4 days though
My current/previous cars have both been metalic black, its so easy to pick up swirl marks. Autoglym have 'just' started selling a new polish that they claim will remove swirls, or at least help. I don`t know the exact name of it but I`ll find out 2mrw...
Best to try the above polish before resorting to mopping your car, that would definetly help but its usually the last resort, it removes layers of lacquer!

Paul