Question about S Tronic box from new S3 owner

chris_guevara

Reaction score
So I picked up my 65 plate S3 on Saturday and have already covered 700+ miles. To say I'm loving it is an understatement. Easily the nicest car I've ever owned.

Today I was trying the S Tronic box in manual mode on the shifter rather than the paddles for a while then shifted back into auto mode. Later I switched to dynamic mode and noticed that the box remained in drive rather than switch to sport. Is this correct behaviour? Switching to dynamic has always put the box in sport mode before today iirc....

Thanks

When I go to dynamic it goes to sport mode but you sure you were in dynamic already

When I go to dynamic it goes to sport mode but you sure you were in dynamic already
No, I wasn't in dynamic but.when I used the dash switch to change to dynamic I got the message on the dash saying it was in dynamic but the gear still said d on the dash rather than s

If you remain in M mode it doesn’t make the distinction between normal and S on the dashboard but reading your lost literally, I can’t see why it would stay in D if you change to Dynamic whilst driving.

An ignition cycle will put your gearbox in D upon restart, even if in dynamic when you turned off ignition.