Question about remaining miles reading.

SRRAE

Reaction score
The remaining miles in the tank reading, is that estimated miles before the fuel light comes on or before you run out of fuel?

I ask as my previous car, a Mazda 6, was notorious for being very wrong with the estimated remaining miles in the tank, which I found out the hard way. I ran out of fuel on the M6 at 2am with my wife who was then 5 months pregnant as the computer said I had 120miles of fuel left.

It usually is the overall remaining miles to go and the light comes on when around 50 to 60 miles are left to go. However I have seen that actual miles are always lower than estimated because its a very optimistic number which is to be achieved if you get the ideal driving conditions or always drive with economy in mind. I only ever got as close to the estimate a few times on my Honda insight where the estimate was 840km and I did 800km with the car still going. But in my Audi it estimates around 540kms while it only ever crossed the line of 300kms on a full tank.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Iv had mine down to 0 miles a couple of times mostly due to laziness still made it back to the house and out to the garage the next day for fuel :sweatsmile:

Same as above I have run my car to zero miles before and it's had no issues. When I refilled the car to the top there appears to be about 4- 5l of fuel left based on the tank capacity and what I could get in. So I would think you would be very unlucky to run out of fuel.

Reactions: Chop.