Question about ODBII

Audi Ashley

Reaction score
Morning Guys,

So I have a question about using my ODBII.

So I have been using the apps section to unlock different things like needle sweep and reverse picture in mmi and so forth.

Once I have done these apps, upon doing a vehicle scan it then throws up an error saying that a module is incorrectly programmed in central electronics.

My question is this safe? I posted on the ODBII forums and a chap there told me not to trust using the apps as he has known many cars become useless as a result.

What are your thoughts guys ?

The only concern is that you do not know what the app is changing. Suggest trying to find the proper coding and do it manually so you can always revert back. The faults are typically there if something gets changed which was not original or if the value change was not in conjunction with another necessary change.

I was of the understanding that the apps have been tested. So at the moment I have one app enabled (Urban Joke). This throws up an error when enabled as mentioned in central electronics. So If I was to program this manually would this stop the error.

Not sure, can you disable it with the app again? You can try that and clear the code and see if it comes back.

Yeah, If i remove the app the error dissappears, my question is, Im I safe to drive with a car that thinks its incorrectly programmed ?

Well that's good. So if you really want the feature try and program it manually and see if you get the fault. If so, then I would just return it to the factory settings. Not worth having something in there as a fault, it is not really worth it. Remember when you change something you are essentially paying to play. If something gets messed up you are the only one to blame. If you are not ready for what can and may happen I would not change anything.