Question about MRC Servicing

N-Sinc

Reaction score
So i think i've settled on MRC for my FL stage 1, but i have a question. They've suggested using them for servicing after the map, to avoid any potential TD1 flag issues at the dealer etc, but it's raised a couple of questions.

Will this affect my warranty? And will it affect trade in value if i wanted to swap the car back in at another main dealer in say 18 months time. (Referring to the fact they've serviced the car, nothing to do with the map. I'm well aware that would affect these things).

Lol! If I knew someone had taken their car to a place like MRC to be serviced, then I would be sure that it had also been mapped/tuned. As a result, I personally wouldn't buy it or would want it cheaper.

For a service (providing the car is temporarily flashed back to stock), I see no reason why a dealer would go looking for it. They just want to throw some new oil in, charge you £350 and get you back out of the door.

I had my car remapped by MRC and while their tunes are exceptional, their customer service is most definitely not up to the same standard. They also charge for putting a car back to stock and as they are so busy, you need to give them plenty of notice.

Thanks. That answers my question then.... Think i'll just stomach the £75 + VAT charge to flash it back to stock each time.

Thanks. That answers my question then.... Think i'll just stomach the £75 + VAT charge to flash it back to stock each time.
Most Audi dealers will price match local garages for servicing costs. Worth asking and might take the edge off the cost a little bit.

Their customer service really that bad? Damn, that really puts me off if so

Lol! If I knew someone had taken their car to a place like MRC to be serviced, then I would be sure that it had also been mapped/tuned. As a result, I personally wouldn't buy it or would want it cheaper.

For a service (providing the car is temporarily flashed back to stock), I see no reason why a dealer would go looking for it. They just want to throw some new oil in, charge you £350 and get you back out of the door.

I had my car remapped by MRC and while their tunes are exceptional, their customer service is most definitely not up to the same standard. They also charge for putting a car back to stock and as they are so busy, you need to give them plenty of notice.
Wouldn't buy it? Your RS3 was mapped there!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Wouldn't buy it? Your RS3 was mapped there!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Does sound a bit Irish, I agree! I guess what I'm saying is that if I was buying a car secondhand and I had a choice of two, one that had been tuned and one that had not, I'd get the untuned car. Or I'd want some money off the car that had been tuned.

To clarify, MRC's tunes are top notch and their work a high standard. Just don't expect them to answer any emails, return any calls, be able to fit you in within weeks if not months, and generally have a "computer says no" attitude! ;)

Reactions: NevMan