Question about mono pur

drummerdimitri

Reaction score
I read somewhere that mono pur leather is actually man made leather and was wondering if it stayed that way if one were to spec the car with S sport seats with nappa leather. Does it automatically upgrade the leather to nappa in that case?

I thought I had seen everything about mono.pur on here. This one has escaped us all.

Why so? Has this point not been discussed before?

A simple answer would suffice.

Reactions: ThatOneDude
It's the same fake leather no matter what seat option you choose

well it looks a million times better than without and it's not like u sit on it!

Reactions: J4MMYz, jaguar1187, buz and 4 others
:idea: Audi need a nappa pur option for 2016 for even more cash !

Seriously I know there's waves of info on this but its one of my top 3 options glad I have it.

Jaysus.

Here come all the evangelists.

Your life isn't complete, you'll have a life-long regret etc. etc. ;)

Reactions: Blackwhite
Didn't have it on the previous A3, don't have it on the current one.

I regret nothing.

:)

Reactions: Relliott6879, MA3RC, sunscreemer and 1 other person
Still thought for 650 $ I would have hoped for real leather instead of that man made crap.

It is forgivable though seeing that this is not an S8.

Jaysus.

Here come all the evangelists.

Your life isn't complete, you'll have a life-long regret etc. etc. ;)

Say's the guy who so desperately wishes his S3 was a Golf R!! ;)

Reactions: Martinbanshee
Say's the guy who so desperately wishes his S3 was a Golf R!! ;)

Incorrect, I desperately wish my S3 steered and handled like a S car (or even properly) ;)

I am equally enthusiastic about cars that do steer and handle properly, eg Golf R, A45 AMG, Fiesta ST etc.

If mono.pur made the S3 steer and handle properly, I would be the first in the queue. As it is only fake leather and does nothing whatsoever for handling and performance, I'll leave it, thank you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackwhite
Incorrect, I desperately wish my S3 steered and handled like a S car (or even properly) ;)

I am equally as enthusiastic about cars that do steer and handle properly, eg Golf R, A45 AMG, Fiesta ST etc.

If mono.pur made the S3 steer and handle properly, I would be the first in the queue. As it is only fake leather and does nothing whatsoever for handling and performance, I'll leave it, thank you :)

What! I thought it helped with the weight distribution of the car to make it handle better.

This is madness! I never should have spec'ed it :keule:

Does it automatically upgrade the leather to nappa in that case?
@drummerdimitri - I like your optimism my friend :laugh:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/page-2#post-2325955

As has been already said mono.pur 'tis fake leather

Unlike the more sensibly named option on the B8.5 A4/S4, 'Leather door armrests from & rear'

& its only £205 for real leather as opposed to £295 for the fake guff

At least you all know why I cancelled my S3 saloon order now :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Psyman79, veeeight and Dtwm1