Quattro grille badge

azibux1

Reaction score
Got the idea from here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/new-snow-foam-quattro-badge-calipers-painted.306561/

Thought I'd make a new thread to save keep highjacking / sidetracking that one

In the stage of getting used to it still of course having only just installed it, but personally I think I quite like it :)

Would have been nicer if it didn't have the screw hole bits (because I didn't use them anyway) as it spoils the shape of 4 of the letters if you look close enough

Not bad for £10 overall I think :) Although probably not to everyone's taste/liking

Thoughts??
16009904 10212369547333338 695081639 o

16106684 10212369547253336 359199840 o

Reactions: mike price, pburv, Daytonapig and 4 others
Yeah I rather like it mate, as you say the screw holes are a bit :(. But you could always black them out to make them less noticable!!!!

For £10 even if it falls off it's not a big loss. Is the sticky as strong as the sticky pads on number plates? If it is I don't think it will come off lol.

Reactions: pburv and azibux1
You could dremel the screw bits off easy enough.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: azibux1
So it's just stuck on with sticky pads then?

Yeah might get the sharpie marker out haha

I think it is pretty solid. Was 3m tape pre applied, not sure if genuine or not though. Properly cleaned the surface and warmed it up and stuck it.

The bottom silver bar of where the lettering is stuck is pretty much mostly in contact with the bottom of the lettering, then the top of the lettering contacts a lot of the top silver bit so should be good! Didn't fancy screwing it

Reactions: pburv
You could dremel the screw bits off easy enough.

Thought about that, but wasn't sure what would be 'under' there and if it was hollow or not

Looks good! As you say shame about the screw holes..

If you really like it now you have tried it you could get a genuine one without the holes

Nice one Azibux, was there a Black Edition one available, or just the blingy chrome one. ;)

Looks good! As you say shame about the screw holes..

I'll try the sharpie on them and see if it hides them a bit.

In a way I think they're more noticeable as I've pointed them out

If you really like it now you have tried it you could get a genuine one without the holes

Ha true! :)

Nice one Azibux, was there a Black Edition one available, or just the blingy chrome one. ;)
Thanks!

Didn't see a BE one... It was from eBay

Not sure if you can make it out on the pics, but the lettering (inside) is actually gloss black

Reactions: pburv and TDI-line

To be honest stood back im sure you wouldn't even notice!

Yeah exactly

Personally even in the pics it is only really the Q and O ones that are a bit visible to me, can't really see the A and T ones much at all

cheers just got a black and silver one. I take it you just screw it in from the rear?

cheers just got a black and silver one. I take it you just screw it in from the rear?
Screws are intended to go from the front into the grille which I didn't like the idea of.

Honestly I think it will be fine just stuck on with the pre applied tape, that's all I've done. If my number plate sticks fine with that I'm sure this badge will too (I hope lol)

Reactions: pburv, Dan-1981 and TDI-line
On the new RS3 Sedan, looks like the quattro is on the lower frame of the grill.

On the new RS3 Sedan, looks like the quattro is on the lower frame of the grill. The grille is differently shaped to accommodate it though.

This looks cool too! Same sort of position on the new TT-RS I think.

I did temporarily check the position lying down on the silver part at the bottom of the bumper but didn't look right as part of it was hidden.

Also debated waiting for my splitter to arrive and putting it flat on that but thought part would also be covered up so went with putting it on the grille :)

Reactions: pburv and TDI-line
Yeah, the front of the new RS3 looks amazingly aggressive, and damn right too. ;)

I think for the S3, you've got it in the right place.

Blacked out the screw bits but don't have a decent pic yet in daylight

I think it looks a lot better now

I think it looks good but I would say that as I'm going to fit mine in the morning

not sure if the stickers will secure it, for road use , vibration etc.

not sure if the stickers will secure it, for road use , vibration etc.
Fair enough :) I suppose no issue screwing it if you don't have any intention of removing it leaving the holes behind

Have you just stuck your on?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Yeah. 180 mile round trip tomorrow will test it out lol

I think it will be fine as it feels solid and isn't really anything wind could get stuck "behind" so to speak.

No wind, with all that TDI power!!!!!!!

I will be using the adhesive stickers already on first, if it comes off I've only lost a tenner. If so will then think of screwing the next one on

No wind, with all that TDI power!!!!!!!

Ha :D
I will be using the adhesive stickers already on first, if it comes off I've only lost a tenner. If so will then think of screwing the next one on
That's my thinking

If you position it well you can get the bottom half of all the letters in solid contact with the silver bar on the grille so should be OK

Hope the jet wash doesn't blow mine off once stuck on

034ca740170c53e234a541aa44efebdc.jpg

Looks a bit hard to even screw mine on let alone blue Peter it.

bd5f4070d38a0efbf10d98e61fee5265.jpg

Here is is!!!!

Not to sure, just went out and had a quick look, Its in two bits and the screw holes don't all match the vertical plastic so the M3 sticker may be the only way to get it on. I will try a bluetac mock u tomorrow morning.