quattro flywheel ?

matty w

Reaction score
hi all it looks like the dual mass flywheel has gone on my a4 avant quattro its a 1.9 tdi 130 just wondered if anyone knows the best place to get one or is it an audi jobby

cheers matt

Either buy brand new Audi - I wouldn't fit a used one, in view of the amount of labor involved.

Or get a single mass custom one.

i'm sure there are single mass units available from audi that will fit your engine, and the likes of valeo do single mass conversion kits which come with the flywheel and clutch

i wouldnt dream of putting a second hand one in,i just wondered if anyone knew where i could get genuine one from for a good price as i've been told there about £400-500 from audi

I could get you a single mass one, or perhaps a brand new OEM Audi one.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Hi Matt,

How could you tell? Vibration? How old is your car and what mileage?

A friend of mine had one go on a Mk4 golf, the first he knew he couldn't select a gear, vibration had wrecked the gearbox!

Chris

yeah the car is vibrating quite alot and its juddery when pulling off,its an 03 with 95k on the clock,the bloke in the garage at work said eventually the flywheel will break up and destroy the box

only had the car a couple of months and its cost me a fortune so far,its a nightmare cause i'm trying to finish my track car off but have to keep spending on the audi