Q8 Q8 E-Tron

DaveW

Reaction score
Looks like both the Q8 and E-Tron models are going to be merged into a new model. I suppose it makes sense really, although I'm expecting delivery of a new Q8 50 TDi in the next week or so - so I have mixed feelings. My new vehicle is about to be superceded, but I don't want an EV yet.

Reactions: Mkay315
I saw this yesterday - Struggled to see what they've actually done compared to the Fat e-tron we have now apart from a bigger/more efficient battery.
I won't be jumping ship anytime soon especially now that I have as good as perfected forward planning on longer trips and of course have my own fueling station in the garage to always be topped up when I leave.

Reactions: DaveW and Mkay315
I knew they would do something like this. It does make sense for them to do it. I wonder what the range will be on these cars

Seems like Audi confirming yet again that they are struggling to keep pace with the rate of evolution in the EV market, the next significant launch should have been the Q6 (and A6 Etron) which use the more modern 800V architecture found in the Etron GT. Q6 should have been launched around now but that's slipped into 2023.

It was reported back on 25th July 2022 that Herbert Diess, the top man in VAG's software engineering group, Cariad, got pushed out after the severe delays in the production of the software which has proved to be riddled with bugs have pushed back the release dates of everything from VWs to Porsche -Autoblog article here: VW CEO lost his job over buggy software that delayed new models

Meanwhile, Fisker will start production in the Magna/Steyr factory in Austria (where the Jag iPace is assembled) next week, its about the right money and with competitive tech.