Q7 Q7 Tfsi e Order

AndrewL

Reaction score
Just about to order this and new to Audi. Had BMWs for last few years.

Config

Looking for advice to make sure I haven’t missed anything obvious.

Thanks.
Andrew

Looks OK Andrew, the packs are expensive of course - the Tour Pack with adaptive cruise is neat - works in conjunction with the windscreen camera that reads the speed limit signs. So let's say you are on a motorway and the speed limit changes from 70 to 50 the car will note that and slow down to the new limit, once past the restricted limit it will resume as before.

Reactions: NevMan and AndrewL
Looks great, the Q7 is a big beast but if you want space and comfort, it definitely ticks the box.

I means if you are asking for us to spend your money then the competition pack sounds like a good extra to get a bit more power, its a big beast after all...

I have had auto cruise twice and wont rush to spec it again, never trust it to stop me so end up pressing the brake, and as it slows me down behind things, I'd forget and just slow down......

But yep, if I was in the market, that would be on my very shortlist!

Reactions: NevMan
Looks great, the Q7 is a big beast but if you want space and comfort, it definitely ticks the box.

I means if you are asking for us to spend your money then the competition pack sounds like a good extra to get a bit more power, its a big beast after all...

I have had auto cruise twice and wont rush to spec it again, never trust it to stop me so end up pressing the brake, and as it slows me down behind things, I'd forget and just slow down......

But yep, if I was in the market, that would be on my very shortlist!
Thanks for the reply. Am I right in thinking you also hang around on the BMW forums as well - White RS4?

Hahaha I thought it might risk costing more money but am new to Audi world and wanted to make sure I hadn't missed any glaring options.

I am looking for luxury more than outright power which the Q7 delivers in spades. I am sure there will be times when I curse the size but am willing to put up with that for comfort.

I avoided the auto cruise control. I am too much of a control freak to let it do its thing.

Thanks for the reply. Am I right in thinking you also hang around on the BMW forums as well - White RS4?

Hahaha I thought it might risk costing more money but am new to Audi world and wanted to make sure I hadn't missed any glaring options.

I am looking for luxury more than outright power which the Q7 delivers in spades. I am sure there will be times when I curse the size but am willing to put up with that for comfort.

I avoided the auto cruise control. I am too much of a control freak to let it do its thing.
That's me, as I seem to alternate between brands I can be found in both places....

I reckon you have the right spec, dont actually think you need the comp but well its a forum, would be wrong not to upsell.

Didnt see if you had pan roof ticked? Not my thing, have been known to rattle and need and extra service but sure some will recommend as Audi interiors are unrelentingly black....

I think you will soon adapt to the size, my daughter drives a GLE 350 and doesnt seem to struggle with size too often...... and I have to say I do like swanning around in that when I am in charge of grandkids..... and as you say, luxury ad comfort are the name of the game....

That's me, as I seem to alternate between brands I can be found in both places....

I reckon you have the right spec, dont actually think you need the comp but well its a forum, would be wrong not to upsell.

Didnt see if you had pan roof ticked? Not my thing, have been known to rattle and need and extra service but sure some will recommend as Audi interiors are unrelentingly black....

I think you will soon adapt to the size, my daughter drives a GLE 350 and doesnt seem to struggle with size too often...... and I have to say I do like swanning around in that when I am in charge of grandkids..... and as you say, luxury ad comfort are the name of the game....
That's good to know. You tend to get a more balanced view from somebody who moves between brands rather than the fanboi crowd.

No pan roof. It's only available if you select Vorsprung and that pushes the price up massively and out of my budget. Not sure I would pick it anyway. I like the dark interiors anyway never been a fan of the lighter coloured interior.

I thought my X3 was big to start with and soon got used to that and have included the 360 cameras, parking pack and city pack to help with that.

That's good to know. You tend to get a more balanced view from somebody who moves between brands rather than the fanboi crowd.

No pan roof. It's only available if you select Vorsprung and that pushes the price up massively and out of my budget. Not sure I would pick it anyway. I like the dark interiors anyway never been a fan of the lighter coloured interior.

I thought my X3 was big to start with and soon got used to that and have included the 360 cameras, parking pack and city pack to help with that.

I am with you. love the interiors of the Audis and not a fan of pan roofs....

(I am a bit of an Audi fan boy currently, this is my third since 2015, they just seem to tick what I want. The infotainment interface will never be as good as idrive, but I am fine with it, I use voice commands a fair bit, and when stood still it makes no difference if touch screen!

Enjoy the new motor, assume a fair wait for it? Have they guaranteed the price of part ex?

I am with you. love the interiors of the Audis and not a fan of pan roofs....

(I am a bit of an Audi fan boy currently, this is my third since 2015, they just seem to tick what I want. The infotainment interface will never be as good as idrive, but I am fine with it, I use voice commands a fair bit, and when stood still it makes no difference if touch screen!

Enjoy the new motor, assume a fair wait for it? Have they guaranteed the price of part ex?
Very long wait. Q1 2022 but that actually suits me fine, that will take my current X3 to three years so fits in well and it means I get the mega discounts they are currently offering and also miss the Audi price rise on 1st August.

I haven't bothered with P/EX in my figures if they are still strong next year then it will be a bonus but not something I am relying on.

Very long wait. Q1 2022 but that actually suits me fine, that will take my current X3 to three years so fits in well and it means I get the mega discounts they are currently offering and also miss the Audi price rise on 1st August.

I haven't bothered with P/EX in my figures if they are still strong next year then it will be a bonus but not something I am relying on.

Sounds perfect - if you have that sort of patience! I buy stock cars as I cant be doing with waiting but might have one more new car in me before I start to put retirement funding ahead of wasting money on cars.... and given that will have to be a keeper I may just for once order to my spec....

(but to be honest, I love the RS4 so cant actually think what else I would want! Suits the dog, suits me.... no one else needs pleasing!)

Sounds perfect - if you have that sort of patience! I buy stock cars as I cant be doing with waiting but might have one more new car in me before I start to put retirement funding ahead of wasting money on cars.... and given that will have to be a keeper I may just for once order to my spec....

(but to be honest, I love the RS4 so cant actually think what else I would want! Suits the dog, suits me.... no one else needs pleasing!)

Not a bad daily to be fair…RS ****** 4

Reactions: AndrewL
Not a bad daily to be fair…RS ****** 4
Its not my daily, I have a six year old Mini for that.. as daily means parking at station, supermarket etc

I will take the RS4 to Beaulieu at the weekend though!

Its not my daily, I have a six year old Mini for that.. as daily means parking at station, supermarket etc

I will take the RS4 to Beaulieu at the weekend though!

I know you do