Q7 ISSUE WITH WHEEL BALANCING

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Had my wheel balancing done today,dont know what machine they used,one wheel took 105 gram weight the other 20gram,one wheel came off machine reading 005 the other 000.........still got the issue though,i get steering shake .....you can just feel the shaking starting at 57mph and at 60 i can see the steering shaking,id say its bad at 60 mph then it dont disappear until i hit 90-92 mph. 22" wheels i have........285 35 22's

also car very slightly wonder towards left..........but ive got diff pattern tyres on all round all have 6-7mm of tread. thats another issue though.

Could be possibly needing wheel alignment if it's never been done since tyre change. Worth a try.

HAD IT CHECKED AT KWIK FIT AND FORMULA 1 AUTO CENTRES........ALIGNMENT IS OK.
Could be possibly needing wheel alignment if it's never been done since tyre change. Worth a try.

no,my friend has said,theres alot of guys who dont know how to balance wheels,i took it to a tyre place they only sell you tyres nothing else is done there purely tyre,but i am told go to quickfit or somewher where you know they do it properly with calbrated machines.....il take it back on monday and see what they say.......worst case (i hope not)if it werent the balancing what else could it be?,drives ok apart from when im doing 60+
Have they tried swapping wheels front to back?

formula 1 autocentres....do a precision wheel balance,had it done still shaking..........took it to kwik-fit,they checked wheel out of balance....they then too weights off re-balanced them now it 100%:applaus: