Q7 Q7 heater issues

sean mckenzie

Reaction score
Hello recently just discovered my q7 heater isnt getting hot and only blowing out tepid air rather than hot air so its annoying the last few mornings when its been abit icey on the windscreen

Its a 2008 3.0d sline quattro

Iv put it down to my thermostat even though i havent had any over heating issues or anything odd , it happily stays on 90

Has anybody else on this forum had this issue and what way did you tackle it?:thumbs up:

Hello recently just discovered my q7 heater isnt getting hot and only blowing out tepid air rather than hot air so its annoying the last few mornings when its been abit icey on the windscreen

Its a 2008 3.0d sline quattro

Iv put it down to my thermostat even though i havent had any over heating issues or anything odd , it happily stays on 90

Has anybody else on this forum had this issue and what way did you tackle it?:thumbs up:

Not me personally but a few threads elsewhere with similar issue. Blower motor it appears is the main issue here

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-discussion-112/aux-heater-problem-2878027/

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-q7-66/heating-problem-179885/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
My heater stays working full blast whether it be 5mins or an hour and still only blows out tepid air , im sure if it was the blower motor wouldnt the heater blower die down after 10 20 seconds as described......

Reactions: V6_Man
How can you be so sure its the blower motor?

A friend has a 2009 Q7 with exactly the same issue where the heater wasn't working. His is diagnosed with the blower motor. It also appears to be an issue on a lot of other Audi variants as well for example A4 B8s.

My heater is working tashfeen, its just not blowing warm air.... this is why i think its something to do with me thermostat failing ??

My heater is working tashfeen, its just not blowing warm air.... this is why i think its something to do with me thermostat failing ??

My apologies as I didn't read the post properly. If it the thermostat then you are right that you'll have either engine overheating issue or it will run cooler with a check engine light. Are your coolant levels OK? It can also be flap motor not moving. I'd suggest you take to an indy to have a diagnostic and find out the exact reason.

Reactions: sean mckenzie
If a thermostat is stuck in the closed position it will never allow coolant to circulate fully and that leads to no heat im not a mechanic but i just know basic things your right im going to get a indy to have a look
I also thought the flap thing but id have to have some bad luck for all of them to be jammed lol il be back soon with an answer lol hopefully its not expensive

If a thermostat is stuck in the closed position it will never allow coolant to circulate fully and that leads to no heat im not a mechanic but i just know basic things your right im going to get a indy to have a look
I also thought the flap thing but id have to have some bad luck for all of them to be jammed lol il be back soon with an answer lol hopefully its not expensive
Hello.
I have the same problem and can't find the cause.You can tell me how you fixed this and where the error is. I also think it would be a thermostat.