Q7 q7 facelift lights. west midlands

krisq7

Reaction score
hi guys.
just got a q7 as the family bus. however as always with new cars you get mod fever.

so i have an early 2009 s-line (pre facelift) with halogens, headlight washers, air suspension and no manual headlight level/range control by headlight switch (so I'm guessing auto level as part of suspension)

I've also put on a tuning box from tdi tuning.co.uk which i was hesitant about but I'm happy with and id compare it to as good as a proper remap i had done on my mk1 audi tt

I've put the facelift grill on already, and I'm already running aftermarket led indicators/sidelight in the existing sidelight indicator bumper location

i have purchased the 2010 xenons with led drls, including ballasts and bulbs etc.

i have also purchased a 10-14 pin halogen to xenon adapter for the lights (this one to be exact:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281828040...49&var=580814598424&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT)

anyone local to coventry able to help or complete the install for me and code correctly.

from what I've found on line i believe i need new headlight cage which I've ordered,

bridge some connectors on the j519 module.

recommendations of swapping some pins on headlight connectors but think this has been pre done on the adapters I've purchased.

there is 2 wires coming from the adapters that are extra and i dont know what they're supposed to connect too.

i think the wire from pin 12 connects to the live sidelight wire which is originally down in the bumper? but as for the other wire coming from pin 11 on the adapter i have no idea.

so anyone who has done it before get me in?

The Q7 forum on here is VERY quiet! We are few and far between.
I'd advise you post this on the VW-Audi Q7 forum it's much busier and full of great guys that are very knowledgeable and helpful with mods and upgrades.

The Q7 forum on here is VERY quiet! We are few and far between.
I'd advise you post this on the VW-Audi Q7 forum it's much busier and full of great guys that are very knowledgeable and helpful with mods and upgrades.
got a link pal?