Q7 Q7 2013(ish) door mirror replacement

installer69

Reaction score
Wife had a meet with a lorry and destroyed the o/s mirror (complete - not just the glass). Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide on how to replace it?

Thanks

Replacing the wife.

Well first route i guess you need to see a solicitor, then perhaps visit some bars or perhaps some online dating. Hopefully the replacement will not have a license so these issues cant reappear.

Replacing the mirror.

Try looking on here for an exploded diagram. http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-q7-aq7-eu/

Looks complicated. Might have to try the mirror...

Thanks for that; I shall bookmark that site for future reference.

Don't suppose you know how hard it is to R+I the door panel?

Just an update on my experience. After becoming horrified at the cost of a replacement mirror, even second hand, I set about removing the mirror and stripping it down to see if I could effect a repair.

Short answer is, I have. Sadly, I did not take pics of the steps, which may have helped others who are happy to have a go. If you do end up being one of those people, contact me and I'll do my best to assist if I can.

How much did it cost me? Nothing. I found a metal tube with a flange that I found in the garage (pic of similar below), got out the angle grinder and 'expertly' milled it to an interference fit and pressed it into place using a nut, bolt and a couple of washers for a test fit, then couldn't get it apart!

It survived speed limit plus a percentage testing over a week or so.

Tube with flange looked like this:
Stainless-Stub-End-for-Pipe-Flange-Elbow-Tee.jpg

Hardest part was getting the grease off the kitchen worktop. Wife moaned but I kept reminding her why.