Q5 Q5/SQ5 Roof Bar Question

DanSheldon92

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My new SQ5 finally came yesterday, was looking at button the roof bars on right away paired with my pro ride for the bike.

I couldn’t work out the rubber strips that come with the bars? On the wing bars I had on my S3 those strips had a slip in them so I could slide the bike rack in and keep them sealed. These bars don’t, do I just use the bike rack without the rubber seals?

Any help appreciated! Added pic too

Attachments

• 6066E6F2-6292-40F9-AECD-914AEAAD05F0.jpeg
    6066E6F2-6292-40F9-AECD-914AEAAD05F0.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 123
Dont the rubber strips slide into the bars in the channel as shown or do they just push in the top of the gulley?

Dont the rubber strips slide into the bars in the channel as shown or do they just push in the top of the gulley?
I believe they slide into the bars in the channel. Once they’re in though there’s no way of sliding the Bike rack on.

Cut the strips into sections between the bars, that seems like the way forward.

Cut the strips into sections between the bars, that seems like the way forward.
Yeah that’s a good shout actually. My current bars look like this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 81
Did you fit the rack on top of the rubber on current rack, as can't see how that would work, if bars slide into the channels unless the rubber compresses down below the bar when slid in.

Did you fit the rack on top of the rubber on current rack, as can't see how that would work, if bars slide into the channels unless the rubber compresses down below the bar when slid in.
There was a channel/slit in the rubbers for my Evo 127 Bars, they slid in and sat on top.