Q5 Q5 Delivery Times

lukeevo4

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just ordered a Q5 Edition 1 TFSI 265hp with a few options. What is the current wait time roughly?My dealer has said he won't know till I get allocated a build slot
Thanks
Luke

ordered Q5 S Line TFSI Sportback on the 15 february got email from Audi uk that build date was week starting 12th april was suprised by the email
so was salesman when he phoned me and told him i knew
Got call of salesman on 16 th april car built could be end of june ? i know its comming from mexico dont know if it comes to the uk first or germany

ordered Q5 S Line TFSI Sportback on the 15 february got email from Audi uk that build date was week starting 12th april was suprised by the email
so was salesman when he phoned me and told him i knew
Got call of salesman on 16 th april car built could be end of june ? i know its comming from mexico dont know if it comes to the uk first or germany
My dealer was able to find me one that already had a build date. Mine was built last week so hopefully wont be too long. any sign of yours yet?

There a global shortage of electronics components that is severely impacting all manufacturers including Audi. The impact is considerable and is altering the dynamics of the UK market, used car prices are rising because of a lack of stock and the dealers are reducing discounts because you can only sell a new vehicle once. The choice of options will likely impact your delivery date. Buying a stock vehicle is the smart thing to do right now,

car was in emdem germany on 16th may then in the uk 3rd june got a call on 10th june car at dealers picking up on monday 4th june car was ordered on 15th febuary

There a global shortage of electronics components that is severely impacting all manufacturers including Audi. The impact is considerable and is altering the dynamics of the UK market, used car prices are rising because of a lack of stock and the dealers are reducing discounts because you can only sell a new vehicle once. The choice of options will likely impact your delivery date. Buying a stock vehicle is the smart thing to do right now,
I see that certain options are now not available in certain trim levels. Eg Pano roof is only on Vorsprung now, can’t be selected on other trims. Stock car and nearly new prices increasing rapidly as stock levels drop across the supply chain. Perfect storm.

I see that certain options are now not available in certain trim levels. Eg Pano roof is only on Vorsprung now, can’t be selected on other trims. Stock car and nearly new prices increasing rapidly as stock levels drop across the supply chain. Perfect storm.
I wonder why the pano roof is now only available on the Vorsprung model? My wife hates tinted windows and black interiors - the majority of Audi’s seem to have this combination. The comprise is we end up with a motor with a pano roof to lighten up the interior. My next q5 would have been a sq5 with the pano roof .... or dear!

I assume they have a limited supply of parts so they are rationing them across trims, regions and models. BMW are doing the same with stereo upgrades and other options currently, restricting them to only higher spec cars, m135, m340, m cars generally.

Reactions: NevMan
picked car up on monday never had automatic so kept going for clutch and gear lever for a while thought car would have lane departure and blind spot thing and rear cross traffic assist had these on my 19 reg Q3 S Line with C&S pack but have got a set of roof bars that will be taking up space in the shed ?
Q5 Sportback Sline 45TFSI

That’s because the Q5 is more antiquated than the Q3, despite costing a lot more.

Just been told my car has arrived at grimsby today. Does anyone know how long it is going to take for it to transported to my dealer?

Didn’t the Q5 get a FL recently? Q3 had one awhile back so maybe that is what the poster meant .

Your A4? Hmmm…I’ll take the antiquated RS4

Didn’t the Q5 get a FL recently? Q3 had one awhile back so maybe that is what the poster meant .

Your A4? Hmmm…I’ll take the antiquated RS4
I think the Q5 is a 2017 model with recent FL, whereas the Q3 is a 2019 model (based on original release).

Yep, I am happy with my A4 estate.... not sure where I will go after this as cant think of anything that meets my needs as well..... but I suppose as retirement beckons I will go from 2 cars to 1, EV probably and save more for that day when I stop being employed.....

Maybe there is just time for an LCI X3 MC when prices get more sensible. Or it might just be a Tesla Model Y.... :0

I think the Q5 is a 2017 model with recent FL, whereas the Q3 is a 2019 model (based on original release).

Yep, I am happy with my A4 estate.... not sure where I will go after this as cant think of anything that meets my needs as well..... but I suppose as retirement beckons I will go from 2 cars to 1, EV probably and save more for that day when I stop being employed.....

Maybe there is just time for an LCI X3 MC when prices get more sensible. Or it might just be a Tesla Model Y.... :0

Think you are right on the models. Q3 was one of the 1st with the touch screens etc. Like the thought of X3M Comp. When is Model Y due here, next year?

Think you are right on the models. Q3 was one of the 1st with the touch screens etc. Like the thought of X3M Comp. When is Model Y due here, next year?

X3MC LCi in next few months, Tesla Model Y in spring 2022....

I must love an antiquated car then having a non touch screen Q5. Thinking I might have hit peak tech without annoyance, still got the scrolling knob and buttons, plus lane keep assist I can turn off permanently, all things the latest Audis seem to have lost in the name of progress.

I must love an antiquated car then having a non touch screen Q5. Thinking I might have hit peak tech without annoyance, still got the scrolling knob and buttons, plus lane keep assist I can turn off permanently, all things the latest Audis seem to have lost in the name of progress.

Yes, they have gone full on touch screens and loss of physical switches, buttons and scroll wheels. Something else I liked about the M40i, but agree on the digital cockpit being nowhere near as nice as VC, but the O/S as you said above is good. Nobody ever seems to “nail it” do they?