Q5 Q3 vs Q5

A

AudiGuy9000

The release of the new Q3 closes the gap between these two cars in terms of size, practicality and tech. But there remains a £10k price difference. Is the Q5 really worth the extra money when it’s not much bigger and now features the previous generation design language and infotainment? On the other hand, a decently specced Q3 brings the price so close to the price of a base Q5, that arguably you might as well just get the Q5 which has a lot more features as standard. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Reggieboy71
The release of the new Q3 closes the gap between these two cars in terms of size, practicality and tech. But there remains a £10k price difference. Is the Q5 really worth the extra money when it’s not much bigger and now features the previous generation design language and infotainment? On the other hand, a decently specced Q3 brings the price so close to the price of a base Q5, that arguably you might as well just get the Q5 which has a lot more features as standard. Any thoughts?

It depends what you need/want/prefer. Maybe drive both and get a feel for the available space, how they drive. I think I would struggle with a base Q5, as IMHO, they need decent wheels etc, but that is personal. I have a fairly basic SLINE Q5, with only folding mirrors and extended lighting pack. But if I could do it again, I would go Tech Pack with VC.

Most models work like that, a top spec of one will be close to bottom spec of model up, they do this on purpose, as they know many will go for next model and then likely to spec stuff.

I wasn’t a fan of the previous Q3, and quite like the new one, but the jury is out on the touch screen etc, which I am sure will come with FL Q5 at some point.

Reactions: AudiGuy9000
Had my Q5 for four years now, last year checked out the Q3 within five minutes I realised it was not for me. Reason being I found the seats not wide enough, I am six foot and weighing in at 15.8 stone, not what you call massive but was not prepared to give up my Q5 for let's say a nut cracker car.I really did find the interior very cramped all round.

Reactions: NevMan and 45bvtc