Q3 Climate Controls cheap

Should buy one myself as I have the rest of the dash lights and sat nav white.
Damn you lot for talking about this mod , the red CC unit on mine looks out of place , I was quite happy with it up to now :sadlike:
Are they all white lettering on all the Q3 CC's, or do I need to ask the seller?

Last edited:
Damn you lot for talking about this mod , the red CC unit on mine looks out of place , I was quite happy with it up to now :sadlike:
Are they all white lettering on all the Q3 CC's, or do I need to ask the seller?

all Q3 have white numbers :)

Oh and don't forget - no need to do all the trimming of the fascia nonsense. Just dismal and swap the pcbs over. Couple of 'feet' inside to trim and that's it.

Reactions: mister.c.
The £30 one has gone now, guess who bought it. Hope there's no micro soldering to do.

Last edited:
Also you'll get a permanent fault code in VCDS - so anyone who has access and didn't spot the difference will know the unit has been changed.

A very tempting mod. Relatively inexpensive, and it lulls even the most incompetent retro-fitter such as myself into a false sense of being able to do it!

With it being push button rather than roller style heated seat switch, does the unit remember where you had the seat heating or does it reset when ignition is turned off?

Reason I ask is thinking ahead to heated seat install on mine, I'd love if the HVAC remembers seat heating setting as well as heater settings..this would work amazing in winter with my remote start :)

so if I have heated seats, I can still just switch the pcbs over?
I'm not sure - there is a full thread about this. I don't think you can switch pcbs for that version you have trim and fit the whole unit. Find the thread tho.

I have heated seats. Works good. Better controller buttons etc .
Good mod.
I just sanded off the sides etc a bit . Easy fit.
It remembers settings for temp etc.

Baz

Reactions: Sayam
This sounds very interesting and not something i've came across before....Anyone got the link to said thread..?

Anybody got a step by step guide..?

Do you have to trim the side's of the dash where the panel goes into or trim the actual climate control panel..? (09 S3)

The front panel of the climate control only. However it has been said only the PCB part can be changed over, going to try that option myself.

I like the Q3 buttons. Especially if you have heated seat option. No more winding the wheel ...
Easy to adjust size. I used a belt sander and a hand block to finish.
Bottom is OK. Just sides and "maybe" a bit off the top. All done in 15 mins.

Im still a little confused lol....

How easy is it to strip the old one out - Whats needs removed..?
Is it the the Q3 control panel which needs trimming..?
Will it work on a March 2009 S3..?

Thanks

Thanks

it will work on your S3, tbh its 10 mins to fit the whole panel, cant see why swapping the PCB over is any gain as the time taken out weights it

Now I've seen the Front & Rear labelling on the buttons, I think I'll change the whole unit. That's if the thing arrives, was supposed to be last Thursday.

I'd love to see the sat nav white please.

I'd love to see the sat nav white please.

Lee i think what is meant is that with a white cluster, red satnav buttons and the map screen, the white display and red buttons on the Q3 panel make it look more in keeping

Anyone else shed some more information on my above questions ^ ..?

Thanks
Did you look at the links in my earlier post?
Pull old one forward (pulling out switch panel may help)
Unlug
Sand off sides of replacement. Use old as template (measure width)
Trial fit
Sand some more.
It may sit at the bottom a few mm lower. Not an issue. Nothing there.
Plug back in
Replace sw panel

Reactions: downtothebone
Unlug
Trial fit
Sand some more.
Plug back in
Replace sw panel
Easy Baz ... Not all of us are blessed with a little 'nouse' ...

Unlug
Trial fit
Sand some more.
Plug back in
Replace sw panel

This is more clear now, Thank you.

Only thing I need to do now is obtain a Q3 Panel.... Can someone confirm the part number required for heated seats..?