Q3 Climate Control 8P Retrofit

Self inflicted but a way better controller than the 8p version, love the seat heating switches, why did audi ever think you would need 6 positions for heating???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree, though I do wish I could figure out how to disable the cool down function. When I set it to 3 I want it to stay at 3 not revert to setting 2 once its hot! I thought it was because the heat setting was incorrect for the bucket seats at first but ive turned the temp setting down and it still reverts to setting 2 at the moment. You had the same issue?

Reactions: mechanic69
Totally agree, though I do wish I could figure out how to disable the cool down function. When I set it to 3 I want it to stay at 3 not revert to setting 2 once its hot! I thought it was because the heat setting was incorrect for the bucket seats at first but ive turned the temp setting down and it still reverts to setting 2 at the moment. You had the same issue?

Yeah I thought there was something wrong with it. Don’t mind too much as 2 is my most common setting

I didn't like the fact that there was no illumination on the old 8P panel for seat heating. unless you had a magnifying glass and could see the little roller wheel you didnt now if it was on or off :)

Reactions: ch1z64, mechanic69 and Arkious
Thinking about doing this, are people having some unresolved issues with heat going from setting 3 to setting 2 by itself?

Maybe stupid suggestion but what if you raised the temp on setting 2 and lowered on setting 3 , or do you think that the car would cut the heat out and revert to the lower setting set on 1 . Or maybe jiggling the heat settings about to see if it reverts back to the lowet one

Thinking about doing this, are people having some unresolved issues with heat going from setting 3 to setting 2 by itself?

Mine does that but to me it's not an issue, it's way too hot to keep on 3. Setting 2 is a comfortable heat to keep with.

Weather down south must be nice all year round cause up here, in the very very very cold winter days / nights setting 3 is not high enough as i love a warm butt .:thumbs up:

And have you already done the VCDS tweak of adjusting the maximum for setting 3 yeah?

I tweaked the heat settings using vcds but for the 8p it was recommended to go max 55 on the 3rd setting, the q3 oem setting was 65. Not sure if the seat can take it maybe???

I tweaked the heat settings using vcds but for the 8p it was recommended to go max 55 on the 3rd setting, the q3 oem setting was 65. Not sure if the seat can take it maybe???

My settings

3 65. Ch26. To 55
2 43. Ch25.
1 23. Ch24

It's a bit disappointing that you are still having issues even after the VCDS temp tweak.

Its no really an issue as i doesn't show up on vcds as a fault as i am lead to believe but the 1 that does show up can be a PITA if you let it bother you , a bit like the amp fault when you fit the Rnse , so i guess if your OCD about faults leave the car the **** alone :thumbs up: but aesthetically it is very pleasing

guys, is this affecting any of you when using the AC?
i feel like its not cooling at all, will check if my AC has got discharged, or if it this that is making it not cool down

guys, is this affecting any of you when using the AC?
i feel like its not cooling at all, will check if my AC has got discharged, or if it this that is making it not cool down
Did you follow all the steps in the post about once fitted what you had to do in Vcds a little more than just changing temp for seats

Did you follow all the steps in the post about once fitted what you had to do in Vcds a little more than just changing temp for seats

You need to run the following to set it up in a uk car

go to 08 hvac then select section 04 basic settings, channel 1, click go and it will adapt

Reactions: s3_trev, downtothebone and ch1z64
That will get all the motorised flaps operating correctly, that may be stopping the air moving properly

Reactions: ch1z64
That will get all the motorised flaps operating correctly, that may be stopping the air moving properly

Me thinks i will need to do that again cause my flaps allow air but when i go to close the vents it still allows flow through or is that normal and i'm worrying about nothing

And have you already done the VCDS tweak of adjusting the maximum for setting 3 yeah?

Yeah, I checked a long time ago. It gets roasting hot on 3 though, there's absolutely no reason why I would ever want it to stay on 3, so I actually quite like the feature.

Reactions: s3_trev and mechanic69
Its funny but when i have it set to 3 i dont feel it that hot maybe the wingbacks av a different element in them which allows it to heat up and stay hot only a thought to the mystery off the over heated seat scenario

I turned the temp down when i fitted the panel via VCDS as advised but 3 is still hotter than you can comfortably sit on for more than a couple of minutes.
I was told that 3 is an auto drying feature for old people with a lack of control ?

Reactions: ch1z64 and s3_trev
I just keep pressing it back to 3 but mines set to 50 not 55 on the wingbacks. It must just be a setting from factory to automatically turn down the temperature to save the 2 chaps down stairs since the Q3 is set to 65 standard.

I don’t get any issues with it fitted though, especially after carrying out the adaption

I just keep pressing it back to 3 but mines set to 50 not 55 on the wingbacks. It must just be a setting from factory to automatically turn down the temperature to save the 2 chaps down stairs since the Q3 is set to 65 standard.

I don’t get any issues with it fitted though, especially after carrying out the adaption
Sure mine are set the same as your ones as i have no issues with the heat on the Wingbacks rather comfortable heat i think

Another picture for the gallery =)

I wonder if this feature you guys are talking about also applies to the old 8P panel with scroll wheels. When turned all the way to 6, it always felt like the heat was tapering off within 10-15 minutes. I never measured with VCDS (if possible?) though. Personally I like the 3 --> 2 auto feature.

Attachments

• 20180921_003153.jpg
    20180921_003153.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 720
does anyone know if the rsq3 climate fits as it has sleeker panel 8U0820043G thats its code ,i assume that this is just a revison but does it work?

does anyone know if the rsq3 climate fits as it has sleeker panel 8U0820043G thats its code ,i assume that this is just a revison but does it work?

Yes it works perfectly, I have one fitted to my RS3 :)

75EDD6B4 C1A7 4AA1 A8D1 CA9023FDE9F6

Reactions: spawn616
I have one of them in my S3 i think, how does an RSQ3 panel differ from a Q3 one ?

I have one of them in my S3 i think, how does an RSQ3 panel differ from a Q3 one ?

instead of the square block display its like half a banana, it looks better than what i am explaining, its more facelifted

Reactions: Arkious
instead of the square block display its like half a banana, it looks better than what i am explaining, its more facelifted

Exactly this!

The screen has a black transparent piece over it which looks ‘facelifted’ and the knobs are different as they have thinner chrome pieces and bits of blue which again look ‘facelifted’ compared with the standard one

This is an RSQ. looks identical to mine TBH.

Attachments

• audi-rsq3-interior.jpg
    audi-rsq3-interior.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 683
sams is the facelift facelift

Reactions: samuelh_888
The ones you’re talking about and have fitted were first fitted to the rsq3 and then fitted to the facelift q3 so they are the same thing. If you go back to the OP on this thread then you’ll see the difference. These newer ones look miles better.

Reactions: Arkious and samuelh_888
I turned the temp down when i fitted the panel via VCDS as advised but 3 is still hotter than you can comfortably sit on for more than a couple of minutes.
I was told that 3 is an auto drying feature for old people with a lack of control ?
3 is boost mode, for the seat heat fast, than goes to 2. Raise the temp on 2 if you like more warm

Enviado do meu SM-G930F através do Tapatalk

Just a quick question regarding 8U0820043G, will it fit on A3 8PA mine is 2008/2009 facelift I also have heated seats

Working on my A3 2007 Prerestyling unit

Attachments

• D2E7E13E-8564-476C-AAF0-504AC34BF2B8.jpeg
    D2E7E13E-8564-476C-AAF0-504AC34BF2B8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 543
Reactions: GTz, Aaron Wiles and TheMightyBK